Pro Dawgs In The NFL: Week Two Recap
Several former Huskies are now playing in the National Football League. Below is a look back at last week's games, presented by Toyota.
Five Huskies played in the Panthers 26-7 win over the Saints, including three defensive backs: Jordan Miller (Saints), Desmond Trufant (Saints) and Keith Taylor (Panthers). But is was a linebacker, Shaq Thompson (Panthers) that led the group in tackles with four. Dwayne Washington (Saints) also saw action on special teams with the Saints ... Greg Gaines and Taylor Rapp were each credited with half a sack in the LA Rams win over the Colts. Rapp had eight total tackles and Gaines two ... Cory Littleton had five tackles as the Raiders moved to 2-0 on the season ... Levi Onwuzurike made two tackles in his NFL debut for the Lions, but it was Kevin King on the other side for the Packers that had the last laugh collecting four tackles, a pass defense and quarterback hit in the Monday Night Football win.
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) September 19, 2021
Budda Baker is ALWAYS ready. He had eight tackles and two tackles for loss in the Cardinals win over the Vikings.
INTERCEPTION @ShaquilBarrett ??
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) September 19, 2021
Vita Vea makes the tip that leads to an interception and then he plays a little Johnny Be Good on the air guitar.
— Tennessee Titans/Oilers (@Titans) September 19, 2021
Elijah Molden made a triumphant return to Seattle, leaving Seahawks fans with some late Sunday indigestion.
— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2021
Myles Gaskin with a X button move. Or was it an O button? Maybe a cheat code? No one knows.
ACTIVE HUSKIES ON 2021 NFL TEAM ROSTERS
As of Tuesday, Sept. 21, the following 41 former Washington football players appeared on NFL rosters (source: official team website rosters):
- Andre Baccellia, WR, Arizona^
- Budda Baker, S, Arizona
- Darrell Daniels, TE, Arizona
- Byron Murphy, CB, Arizona
- Zeke Turner, S, Arizona
- Kaleb McGary, OL, Atlanta
- Keith Taylor, CB, Carolina
- Shaq Thompson, LB, Carolina
- Jake Browning, QB, Cincinnati^
- Drew Sample, TE, Cincinnati
- Nick Harris, OL, Cleveland
- Hunter Bryant, TE, Detroit*
- Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Detroit
- Kevin King, CB, Green Bay
- Jacob Eason, QB, Indianapolis
- Sidney Jones, CB, Jacksonville
- Cory Littleton, LB, Las Vegas
- Tristan Vizcaino, K, L.A. Chargers
- Greg Gaines, DL, L.A. Rams
- Taylor Rapp, S, L.A. Rams
- Coleman Shelton, C, L.A. Rams*
- Salvon Ahmed, RB, Miami
- Myles Gaskin, RB, Miami
- Myles Bryant, New England
- Josiah Bronson, DT, New Orleans^
- Desmond Trufant, CB, New Orleans
- Dwayne Washington, RB, New Orleans
- Dante Pettis, WR, New York Giants^
- John Ross, WR, New York Giants*
- Danny Shelton, DT, New York Giants
- Senior Kelemete, OL, San Francisco^
- Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Seattle*
- Will Dissly, TE, Seattle
- Aaron Fuller, WR, Seattle^
- Sidney Jones, CB, Seattle
- Jaydon Mickens, WR, Tampa Bay
- Benning Potoa'e, DL, Tampa Bay^
- Joe Tryon, DE, Tampa Bay
- Vita Vea, DT, Tampa Bay
- Elijah Molden, CB, Tennessee