#StanfordNFL Week 2: Ball Hawk
Justin Reid started in a loss at Cleveland, making four solo tackles. The fourth-year safety intercepted Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield and now has an interception in back-to-back weeks. Reid also forced a fumble in the game.
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) September 19, 2021
CMC Doing CMC Things
Christian McCaffrey rushed 24 times for 72 yards with a touchdown and added five receptions (six targets) for 65 yards. His 137 yards from scrimmage were more than the entire Saints offense, as the Panthers downed the Saints 26-7.
Total Yards on Sunday:
New Orleans Saints: 128
Christian McCaffrey: 137 pic.twitter.com/mFudc1dj0z
— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) September 20, 2021
Mills Under Center
Davis Mills saw the first action of his career, going 8-of-18 for 102 yards and his first career touchdown pass in a 31-21 loss at Cleveland. He is scheduled to make his first career start on Thursday night vs. Carolina.
— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2021
Eleven Cardinal made starts during week two: Paulson Adebo, Zach Ertz, Austin Hooper, Blake Martinez, Christian McCaffrey, Ty Montgomery, Bobby Okereke, Andrus Peat, Justin Reid, Dalton Schultz, Kaden Smith.
Thursday Night Showdown
The Carolina Panthers (Christian McCaffrey) fly to Houston (Davis Mills, Justin Reid) for a Thursday Night showdown. Davis Mills is slated to make his first career start for the Texans in the game.
Panthers. Texans. Week 3 starts on Thursday Night.
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) September 21, 2021
- Cornerback Paulson Adebo made his second consecutive start and made seven tackles (six solo) in a 26-7 loss at Carolina.
- Defensive end Henry Anderson had one tackle and one QB hurry in the Patriots' 25-6 win at the Jets.
- Wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside played 19 snaps for the Eagles in their 17-11 loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
- Jake Bailey punted five times in the Patriots' win over the Jets, averaging 43.8 yards per punt with a long of 60 yards and four inside the 20-yard line.
- Drew Dalman played three special teams snaps in Atlanta's 48-25 loss at Tampa Bay, and was also the backup at all three interior OL positions.
- Zach Ertz started at tight end and had one catch for six yards in the Eagles' 17-11 vs. the 49ers.
- Wide receiver Simi Fehoko played six special teams snaps in the Cowboys' 20-17 win at the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Nate Herbig played two special teams snaps in the Eagles' loss to the 49ers.
- Austin Hooper started at tight end in the Browns' 31-21 win vs. the Texans, catching all five targets for 40 yards.
- Blake Martinez started at linebacker and made 12 tackles (five solo) in the Giants' Thursday Night Football loss at Washington.
- Ty Montgomery started in the Saints' 26-7 loss at Carolina, making one reception and three special teams tackles.
- Linebacker Bobby Okereke started and totaled six tackles (three solo) in the Colts' 27-24 loss to the Rams.
- Offensive lineman Andrus Peat started and played every snap for the Saints in their loss at Carolina.
- Outside linebacker Brennan Scarlett totaled three tackles (one solo) in the Dolphins loss to the Bills.
- Dalton Schultz started at tight end in the Cowboys' 20-17 win over the Chargers, making two catches (on two targets) for 18 yards.
- Tight end Kaden Smith started for the Giants, catching both his targets for 24 yards in a 30-29 loss at Washington.
- Solomon Thomas made his impact felt, with two sacks, three QB hits, a QB hurry and a pass defensed in the Raiders 26-17 win at Pittsburgh.
- Outside linebacker Casey Toohill played three snaps in Washington's 30-29 win over the New York Giants. Toohill then served as Stanford's victorious honorary captain on Saturday night at Vanderbilt.
- Cameron Fleming (Broncos), Trenton Irwin (Bengals), Walker Little (Jaguars) and Harrison Phillips (Bills) were all inactive.