Ducks Face Top Competition at the Colonial
Oregon will see 10 of the nation's top-25 teams Monday and Tuesday at the Colonial Collegiate Invitational, played at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas.
• Owen Avrit has had scores of par or better in each of his six rounds this fall, including five under par and a career-low 64 at the Maui Jim Invitational.
• Freshman Greyson Leach tied for first at the Husky Individual Invitational, shooting a 10-under 206 (68-68-70).
• Freshman Jose Islas from Pachuca, Mexico, made his Oregon debut at the Husky Invitational where he tied for 15th. He had a brilliant run at the U.S Amateur where he advanced to the round of 16.
• The Ducks carded the third-lowest score in program history, 820 (20-under), at the season-opening Maui Jim Invitational. Oregon was -27 for the last two rounds.
• Oregon returns six of its top seven golfers from last season's NCAA Regional qualifying team. That includes Tom Gueant (71.45 scoring average), Yuki Moriyama (72.16), Nate Stember (73.00), Owen Avrit (73.32), Craig Ronne (73.88) and Greg Solhaug (74.63).
• The summer season saw Oregon golfers claim a couple of amateur titles in the state of Oregon. Nate Stember won the 2021 Oregon Amateur at Bandon Dunes and was the Oregon Stroke Play runner-up to teammate Craig Ronne. Ronne won the 2021 Oregon Stroke Play championship at Emerald Valley and lost to Stember in the quarterfinals of the Oregon Amateur. Yuki Moriyama joined incoming freshman Jose Islas at the U.S. Amateur at Oakmont.
• Former PGA Tour pro and 2000 U.S. Amateur champion Jeff Quinney was named the as the team's assistant coach in August. The Eugene native held his PGA Tour Card for five seasons from 2007-11 and finished his career with nearly $6 million in career earnings.