Hassey Moves On to Qualifying Draw
TULSA, Okla. - Senior Carlos Hassey won five straight games in the pre-qualifying draw of the ITA All-American Championships to move on to the singles qualifying matches. Three other Wildcats will be joining Hassey on Monday, Oct. 3 to start the qualifying draw.
Hassey took down Guillaume Dalmasso from Santa Clara in the Round of 32 to punch his ticket to the qualifying draws. Hassey will pair up with freshman Colton Smith in the qualifying doubles draw with a match against Ohio State's Kingsley and Tracy to start qualifying. Colton Smith comes to the tournament follwoing a great performance in the Battle of the Bay where he won the consolation bracket.
Filip Malbasic will be getting his first action of the fall in the qualifying draw of the ITA All-Americans. Malbasic will be teaming up with Herman Hoeyeraal, who competed in the pre-qualifying portion of the tournament. Malbasic, Smith and sophomore Jett Middleton will be competing alongside Hassey in singles.
Oct. 4 Schedule
- 6 a.m. MST Jett Middleton vs. No. 97 Vito Tonejc (DePaul)
- 6 a.m. MST Colton Smith vs. Mark Wallner
- 7:30 a.m. MST Filip Malbasic vs. Inigo Torre Martin (VCU)
- 7:30 a.m. MST Carlos Hassey vs. Ronan Jachuck (Harvard)
- 11 a.m. MST Hassey/Smith vs. Kingsley/Tracy (Ohio State)
- 12:30 p.m. MST Malbasic/Hoeyeraal vs. Acosta/Cierny (Utah State)