Pro Dawgs In The NFL: Week Four Recap
Several former Huskies are now playing in the National Football League. Below is a look back at last week's games, presented by Toyota.
It was a big week for the Huskies in the NFL with several notable performances. The Arizona Cardinals keep winning and Byron Murphy keeps making interceptions while Budda Baker keeps doing Budda-like things. Murphy had ANOTHER pick, his third in two games, and Baker racked up eight tackles and had a fumble recovery ... Joe Tryon and Vita Vea went viral for the Buccaneers when Vea cleared two linemen and Tryon bear down for a vicious sack. It was one of two sacks for the rookie Tryon, as he had four QB hits ... Sidney Jones made his debut for the Seahawks and had seven tackles and a pass defense in a win over the 49ers ... several Huskies had double-digit tackles in their games, including Taylor Rapp for the LA Rams (12 tackles) and Cory Littleton for the Raiders (14) ... John Ross reminded everyone he is FAST by getting past the Saints defense for a long-bomb connection and TD in his NY Giants debut.
— NFL (@NFL) October 4, 2021
It's good to have friends named Vita on the football field. Just ask Joe.
?? JTS SACK ?? pic.twitter.com/9MLGH0e9Xh
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) October 4, 2021
It was a two sack day for No. 9.
Vote @joe_tryon for NFL Rookie of the Week!
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) October 6, 2021
Vote For Joe.
— Joe Tryon-Shoyinka???? (@joe_tryon) October 5, 2021
Old goat, meet new goat.
John Ross goes TURBO SPEED & gets the TD ??
— New York Giants (@Giants) October 3, 2021
John Ross knows how to make a lasting first impression!
Bright lights. pic.twitter.com/uy5y2B8l49
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) October 3, 2021
The lights are never too bright for Byron.
ACTIVE HUSKIES ON 2021 NFL TEAM ROSTERS
As of Tuesday, Oct. 5, the following 41 former Washington football players appeared on NFL rosters (source: official team website rosters):
- Andre Baccellia, WR, Arizona^
- Budda Baker, S, Arizona
- Darrell Daniels, TE, Arizona
- Byron Murphy, CB, Arizona
- Zeke Turner, S, Arizona
- Kaleb McGary, OL, Atlanta
- Keith Taylor, CB, Carolina
- Shaq Thompson, LB, Carolina
- Jake Browning, QB, Cincinnati^
- Drew Sample, TE, Cincinnati
- Nick Harris, OL, Cleveland
- Hunter Bryant, TE, Detroit*
- Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Detroit
- Kevin King, CB, Green Bay
- Jacob Eason, QB, Indianapolis
- Sidney Jones, CB, Jacksonville
- Cory Littleton, LB, Las Vegas
- Tristan Vizcaino, K, L.A. Chargers
- Greg Gaines, DL, L.A. Rams
- Taylor Rapp, S, L.A. Rams
- Coleman Shelton, C, L.A. Rams*
- Salvon Ahmed, RB, Miami
- Myles Gaskin, RB, Miami
- Myles Bryant, New England
- Josiah Bronson, DT, New Orleans^
- Desmond Trufant, CB, New Orleans
- Dwayne Washington, RB, New Orleans
- Dante Pettis, WR, New York Giants^
- John Ross, WR, New York Giants
- Danny Shelton, DT, New York Giants
- Senior Kelemete, OL, San Francisco^
- Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Seattle*
- Will Dissly, TE, Seattle
- Aaron Fuller, WR, Seattle^
- Sidney Jones, CB, Seattle
- Jaydon Mickens, WR, Tampa Bay
- Benning Potoa'e, DL, Tampa Bay^
- Joe Tryon, DE, Tampa Bay
- Vita Vea, DT, Tampa Bay
- Elijah Molden, CB, Tennessee