Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Awards - Oct. 11, 2021
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Penelope Hocking, Sr., USC (Anaheim, Calif.)
2 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, 5 points
- The senior forward became USC's all-time leading scorer and led the first-place Trojans to a pair of wins with two goals and one assist.
- Hocking scored her 49th career goal against Colorado, moving into first place on the Trojans' all-time scoring list, breaking a career record that had stood for 21 years.
- Also assisted the game-winner in a 4-1 win over the Buffaloes.
- Scored her 50th career goal in a 7-0 win over Utah, moving into a tie for 14th on the Pac-12's all-time scoring list.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Naomi Girma, Sr., Stanford (San Jose, Calif.)
2 games, 1 goal, 2 points, 180 minutes
- The senior defender scored Stanford’s game-winning goal at Washington State in a 1-0 victory, nodding in the deciding tally in the 29th minute.
- Goal snapped a string of 578 minutes without a goal allowed by the Cougars, a program record.
- Anchored a Cardinal defense that allowed only 11 shots on target in two road matches, including limiting WSU's second-best scoring offense in the Pac-12 to just four on goal.
GOALKEEPER OF THE WEEK: Leah Freeman, So., Oregon (Berkeley, Calif.)
2 games, 10 saves, 0 goals allowed, 180 minutes
- Amassed 10 saves in shutout victories over Arizona and Arizona State to set the Oregon single-season record with eight clean sheets.
- Tied her season high with eight saves, three of which came on close-range attempts, in Sunday's 1-0 victory over Arizona State.
- Helped Oregon become the first team to record a shutout against ASU this season.
- It marked Oregon's first sweep of the Arizona schools since 2016.
- Freeman has a .900 save percentage and a 0.47 goals-against average in helping Oregon to a 8-1-4 record, its best in 40 years.
Offensive Player of the Week: Jill Aguilera, ARIZ; Shanade Hopcroft, COLO; Kess Elmore, ORE; Brianna McReynolds, OSU; Madison Haley, STAN; Kennedy Faulknor, UCLA; Summer Yates, WASH; Elyse Bennett, WSU.
Defensive Player of the Week: Jasmine Young, ARIZ; Mia Palmer, ORE; Skylar Herrera, OSU; Quincy McMahon, UCLA; Zoe Burns, USC; Helena Reischling, WASH; Sydney Pulver, WSU.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Hope Hisey, ARIZ; Bridgette Skiba, OSU; Katie Meyer, STAN; Lauren Brzykcy, UCLA; Anna Smith, USC; Olivia Sekany, WASH; Nadia Cooper, WSU.