Sun Devil WBB to appear on Pac-12 Networks at least 20 times in 2021-22
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Sun Devil women's basketball team will appear on Pac-12 Networks at least 20 times during the 2021-22 campaign as the Pac-12 announced the league's television schedule on Monday.
In addition to having all 18 of ASU's regular-season Pac-12 games televised, Pac-12 Networks will also be showing ASU's non-conference matchup against Harvard on Dec. 5 at 12 p.m.
Notes on Sun Devil WBB's Pac-12 Schedule
- The Sun Devils will open league play the last weekend in December and will spend New Year's Day weekend in Los Angeles for contests at UCLA (Dec. 31) and at USC (Jan. 2).
- ASU's first home conference contests will be against Washington (Jan. 7) and Washington State (Jan. 9). The game on Jan. 7 will have an 11 a.m. start as part of Sparky's Kids to College Field Trip Game. The Sun Devils will then be back on the road for games at Oregon (Jan. 13) and at Oregon State (Jan. 15). Both contests will represent ASU's first meetings against the Oregon schools since 2019-20 as all four games the teams were scheduled to play last season were canceled due to COVID-19. The Oregon road trip will be the first of two Thursday/Saturday weekends the Sun Devils will have this season.
- ASU's home contests vs. Colorado (Jan. 21) and Utah (Jan. 23) will be its only regular season meetings against the Pac-12's Mountain schools.
- The Sun Devils will close out the month of January with a road trip to the Bay Area for their only regular season games at defending national champion Stanford (Jan. 28) and at California (Jan. 30)
- ASU hosts Oregon State (Feb. 4) and Oregon (Feb. 6) the first weekend of February in what will be ASU's first Pac-12 rematches of 2021-22.
- ASU will take on Arizona in back-to-back contests, hosting the Wildcats on Feb. 11 before traveling to Tucson for a Super Bowl Sunday matchup (Feb. 13).
- ASU's last regular season road trip will be to the Pacific Northwest for games at Washington State (Feb. 18) and at Washington (Feb. 20).
- ASU will conclude Pac-12 play the same way it started it, with games against USC (Feb. 24) and UCLA (Feb. 26) in Tempe. It will be ASU's second Thursday/Saturday weekend of the season.
- Following the regular season, the Sun Devils will travel to Las Vegas for the annual Pac-12 Women's Basketball Tournament.
Contests against six teams that qualified for postseason play last season highlight the Arizona State women's basketball team's 2021 non-conference schedule.
Entering her 25th season leading the Sun Devils, head coach Charli Turner Thorne welcomes back several talented returners, including veteran players G Taya Hanson (set school record for most 3-pointers per game last season) and F Jayde Van Hyfte (one of the team's top post performers who was forced to miss last season due to injury).
After showing several flashes of brilliance during its first year in Tempe, Turner Thorne's Top Five recruiting class – including G Jaddan Simmons (first Sun Devil freshman to average double figures in scoring since 2003) and posts Maggie Besselink (team's top rebounder last season) and Katelyn Levings (played in and started all but two games last season) – is poised to have an even bigger impact this season. Add to that a trio of outstanding transfers – seasoned Big Ten standout Mael Gilles, 2021 All-Mountain West performer Jade Loville and 2020 Mountain West Conference Newcomer of the Year Ayzhiana Basallo – and one of the nation's most sought after players last year – freshman post Meg Newman (ranked No. 6 at her position by ESPN.com).
The Sun Devils will host 15 contests at Desert Financial Arena this season. Season tickets for the 2021-22 campaign start at just $49 and are on sale now. Click here for more information or contact a Sun Devil ticket representative at 480-965-5812.