Lott IMPACT Trophy Names Lloyd Player of the Week
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – University of Utah junior linebacker Devin Lloyd has been named the Lott IMPACT Trophy Player of the Week, announced by the organization on Tuesday morning.
Lloyd keyed the linebacking corps for Utah in a historic win at USC last Saturday, the first in Los Angeles over the Trojans since 1916. The native of Chula Vista, California, contributed eight tackles for Utah, one for a three-yard loss, plus a pass breakup on the night. Lloyd's three-yard TFL continued a trend of at least one such stop in 12 of the Utes' last 13 games.
On the season, the Preseason All-America honoree sits second in the Pac-12 for total tackles (53), while his per-game average (10.6) tops the league and ranks No. 5 in FBS football. His 9 TFL on the season ranks best in the conference as well. It includes lockdown performances with 6.5 total TFL in Utah's last three games against San Diego State, Washington State and USC.
Utah is now turning its focus to a Saturday night, Oct. 16 game vs. No. 18 Arizona State at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Opening kickoff is set for 8 p.m. MT on ESPN.
Devin Lloyd • 2021 Awards & Accolades
- Lott IMPACT Trophy Player of the Week (Oct. 12)
- Reese's Senior Bowl Defensive Player of the Week (Sept. 27)
- Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week (Sept. 7)
- 2021 Preseason All-America (The Athletic, Athlon Sports, Walter Camp, Phil Steele).
- 2021 Watch Lists: Bednarik Award, Bronko Nagurski, Butkus Award, Lott IMPACT Trophy, Reese's Senior Bowl.