Oregon State Returns To Action Saturday At Reser
GAME 7: OREGON STATE VS. UTAH
October 23, 2021 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 4:30 p.m. PT • Pac-12 Network
Television: Pac-12 Network
Play-By-Play: Ted Robinson
Analyst: Yogi Roth
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 111 (Sirius), 197 (XM)
SiriusXM App/Internet: 959
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 421/720 HD (Pac-12 Net), 420 (Pac-12 Oregon)
Dish Network: 406
Charter Spectrum: 332/452
- Oregon State returns from its bye week to host Utah Saturday at Reser Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 4:30 p.m. PT.
- The game will air live on the Pac-12 Network. Ted Robinson (play-by-play) and Yogi Roth (analyst) will call the action.
- The game marks the 24th all-time meeting between the teams and 11th in Corvallis. Oregon State holds a 5-4-1 advantage in games played in Corvallis.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notables
- Oregon State is coming off its first bye week since Oct. 26, 2019. The Beavers had just beaten California, 21-17, and proceeded to defeat Arizona, 56-38. Both wins were on the road.
- OSU enters the game with the Pac-12's No. 2 offense, averaging 441.7 yards per game. The Beavers' scoring offense also leads the Pac-12 at 34 points per game.
- B.J. Baylor leads the Pac-12 with 112.8 rushing yards per game. He is averaging 117 yards per game at Reser Stadium, and has scored seven of his nine touchdowns at the friendly confines.
- The Beavers are looking to go 4-0 at home for the first time since 2012, when OSU defeated Wisconsin, Washington State, Utah and Arizona State.
- Chance Nolan passed for 202 yards in a 30-24 loss to Utah last season in Salt Lake City.
- Avery Roberts totaled 21 tackles in the loss, tying him for the third-most ever by an Oregon State player.
- OSU scored 14 in the fourth quarter was unable to overcome a 20-point deficit.
On This Date
- Oregon State has played on Oct. 23 12 times previously, going 7-5.
- The Beavers last played on the date in 2004, a 38-19 win over Washington State in Corvallis.
- The Beavers and Utes played on Oct. 23 in 1965. The Beavers won that game, 10-6, in Corvallis.
Good To Be Home
- Oregon State is 3-0 at home this season and averaging 38 points per game at Reser Stadium. That offensive average leads the Pac-12 in home games, two points ahead of No. 2 Oregon.
- OSU also has the Pac-12's most potent ground game at home, averaging 248.7 yards.
- The Beavers have given up just 17 points per game at Reser.
Baylor And Fenwick Vs. WSU
- B.J. Baylor and Deshaun Fenwick both hit the century mark in rushing versus Washington State, becoming the first pair of OSU teammates since Artavis Pierce and Jermar Jefferson in 2019 at Arizona.
- Baylor tallied 145 yards while Fenwick rushed for 127 yards and two scores.
- It's the 19th time in team history two or more Beavers ran for 100 or more in the same game.
- The 100-yard effort marked the fourth of the season - and fifth of his career - for Baylor. For Fenwick, it was his first as a Beaver and second in his collegiate career.
- Oregon State has 10 interceptions this season, the most since the 2014 Beavers tallied 11. Those 10 INTs tie for the Pac-12 lead.
- Linebackers account for five interceptions this season, which equals the team's overall total in seven games last season.
Baylor Through Six
- B.J. Baylor has a career-best 677 rushing yards through the first six games of the season. That ranks second in the Pac-12 and 17th nationally.
- His nine rushing scores also rank tied for first in the Pac-12 and he is tied for ninth nationally.
Out Of The Backfield
- Speaking of the ground game, Oregon State has averaged 4.7 yards per carry during Jonathan Smith's tenure as head coach, which is tied for second in the Pac-12. That trails conference leader Utah by just 0.1.
- OSU is also second in the conference in touchdowns scored at 77, and fourth at 178 yards per game.
Colletto For Five
- Jack Colletto has rushed for five touchdowns on 16 carries this season. Those five rushing touchdowns rank him tied for sixth in the Pac-12.
- Colletto, in fact, has the most rushing touchdowns by a defensive player nationally. His 46 rushing yards are the second by a defensive player, just behind Air Force's Dane Kinnamon, who has 57. Kinnamon also has three rushing touchdowns.
- Colletto is the first FBS player since 2004 - and fifth since 1996 - with two rushing touchdowns and an interception in the same game when he did it against USC on Sept. 25. The last FBS player do so was Syracuse's Diamond Ferri on Nov. 27, 2004.