2021 Pac-12 Team Green Virtual Event Series "Amplifying Voices for Change" set for Nov. 1-4
FREE registration for Nov. 1-4 virtual event is available at Pac12.me/21TGseries
SAN FRANCISCO – Pac-12 Team Green, the sustainability platform of the Pac-12 Conference and its 12 member universities, announced today that its annual event series will take place as a virtual series on Nov. 1, 3 and 4. The "Amplifying Voices for Change" series will again feature a focus on mental health, student-athlete engagement and returning to re-use on game day and beyond. Comprised of three one-hour sessions over three days, all sessions will begin at 12p PT / 1p MT each day.
Registration for the Pac-12 Team Green Virtual Event Series is free for all and available at Pac12.me/21TGseries. More information related to the virtual series is available at pac-12sustainabilityconference.com/virtual.
Pac-12 Team Green – Virtual Event Series Agenda
Monday, Nov. 1, 2021
Mental Health in the Face of Overlapping Crises | 12:00 - 1:00 PM PT
Following welcome remarks from Pac-12 Commissioner George Kliavkoff, the first panel discussion will focus on the emotional weight of the pandemic and intensified reckoning with the structural injustices of our society that have only amplified stress and anxiety, particularly in those already experiencing them. This session brings together people who have been actively working to bring attention to, and help support people through, climate anxiety and positive mental health as it relates to the existential stressors of our times. Listen, learn and engage as our experts describe the positive actions and strategies we can take, and the importance of giving space to these often-overlooked aspects of tackling the climate crisis and social injustice.
- Moderator: Suki H. Hoagland, PhD | Lecturer, Earth Systems Program, Stanford's School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
- Laura Schmidt | Founding Director, Good Grief Network
- Robin Scholefield, PhD | Senior Associate Athletic Director, USC, Pac-12 Mental Health Task Force
- Fred Harvey | Director, Cross Country and Track and Field, University of Arizona
Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021 - #AllVoteNoPlay
The 2021 Pac-12 Team Green Virtual Series is taking the day off on Tuesday, Nov. 2 for #AllVoteNoPlay! The NCAA-mandated day of civic education and engagement on Nov. 2, 2021 offers a historic moment for coaches to help their athletes become passionate leaders, engaged citizens, and community members. Visit allvotenoplay.org for more information.
Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021
- Moderator: Suki H. Hoagland, PhD | Lecturer, Earth Systems Program, School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, Stanford University
- Rachel Miller | Women's Rowing, Student Athletes for Sustainability, Stanford University
- Emalia Eichelberger | Women’s Water Polo, Stanford University
Student Athlete Impact Activism | 12:30 - 1:00 PM PT
A showcase of Pac-12 student athletes that have taken the lead on driving action around social justice, anti-racism and the Black Lives Matter movements.
- Moderator: Melissa Chun | Referee, NCAA Rowing Championships
- Kevin Hambly | Director and Head Coach, Women's Volleyball, Stanford University
- Sirena Linton | Gymnast, University of Arizona
- Eden Hardy | Women's Soccer, University of Oregon
Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021
The Alliance: Returning to Re-Use on Game Day and Beyond | 12:00 - 1:00 PM PT
How will we update our game day zero waste strategies as in-person games return? Join us for a renewed look at reuse, recycling, and composting and working with partners to drive impactful changes on game day and beyond. This session will examine the successful partnership between campus sustainability and athletic departments and facilities operations and green athletics initiatives that showcase a commitment to zero waste and sustainability in the current state of affairs and what we can expect moving forward.
- Moderator: David Fridland | Sustainability Maven, Eco-Products
- Jose Eskanzi | Associate Athletic Director, University of Southern California
- Malory Monson | Assistant Athletic Director of Events, Facilities, and Operations, University of Utah
- Teddy Lhoutellier | Sustainability Manager, University of Miami
- Mary Leciejewski | Zero Waste Manager, Ohio State
Pac-12 Team Green, a first-of-its-kind in collegiate athletics, promotes all of the greening and sustainability efforts taking place on and around the Pac-12 Conference and all 12 of its member universities. Elements include the annual Pac-12 Sustainability Conference, the Pac-12 Zero Waste Competition and the Pac-12 Sustainability Working Group.
The Conference has a tradition as the “Conference of Champions,” leading the nation in NCAA Championships in 55 of the last 61 years, with 537 NCAA team titles overall. The Conference comprises 12 leading U.S. universities - the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, the University of California, Berkeley, the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), the University of Colorado, the University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Stanford University, the University of Southern California, the University of Utah, the University of Washington and Washington State University. For more information on the Conference’s programs and member institutions go to Pac-12.com/conference.