Trip To Mountain Schools Up Next
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Fresh off of a win over the top team in the Pac-12, Sun Devil Volleyball is hitting the road this weekend to take on the mountain schools, facing No. 18 Utah on Friday at 5 p.m. MST before Colorado on Sunday at 11 a.m. MST.
How To Follow
Friday's matchup against the Utes will be on the Pac-12 Network while Sunday's against the Buffaloes will be on the Colorado Live Stream. Live stats will be available for both matches and updates will be provided on Twitter (@SunDevilVB) and Instagram (@sundevilvolleyball).
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (9-10, 2-6 Pac-12)
- The Sun Devils are looking to build upon their momentum after upsetting No. 14 UCLA in Tempe on Sunday in a reverse sweep. Now having played in ten five-set matches, ASU continues to lead the Pac-12 in three categories: total digs, total assists and total kills.
- Over the span of this weekend's matches, the Sun Devils tallied 21 aces over the two contests. ASU had its season high in aces on Sunday with 11, where Iman Isanovic and Marta Levinska had three each.
- Junior outside hitter Iman Isanovic continues to lead the Pac-12 in kills this season with 292. In Sunday's win, Isanovic had her seventh double-double of the season where she had a team-high 17 kills and 13 digs. She has reached double figures in kills in all but one match.
- On defense for the Sun Devils, junior libero Annika Larson leads the Pac-12 in digs with 291 and has reached double digits in digs in 13 matches this season. Grad libero Jamye Cox has seen recent success, reaching double figures in digs in two matches in the last two weekends. She reached her season high against USC on Friday with 17.
- Sophomore setter Ella Snyder has 641 assists in 19 matches this season where she's reached 40 or more assists in six of those appearances. Snyder also has had eight double-doubles this season, most recently notching 20 digs and 46 assists against UCLA on Sunday.
- Additionally leading the Sun Devils on offense are sophomore middle blocker Claire Jeter and sophomore pin hitter Marta Levinska. Jeter has eight matches this season with double digits in kills where in Sunday's win she had 10 kills on a .421 clip. Levinska has reached double figures in kills in 15 matches and had five blocks Sunday.
- Sophomore middle blocker Claudia Stahlke had her first start of the season for the Sun Devils on Friday in the matchup with USC. Stahlke also started on Sunday, where she had her season-high in blocks with seven while also adding four kills and five digs.
No. 18 Utah (12-5, 5-3 Pac-12)
- In the spring 2020-21 season, the Utes finished with a 13-5 record, making it to the NCAA tournament after finishing third in the Pac-12. They have four ranked wins this season, including top 10 wins at No. 9 Nebraska and against No. 10 Washington.
- Last weekend, Utah split their matches while facing the Bay Area schools as the Utes lost in four sets to No. 15 Stanford on Thursday and swept California on Sunday in Berkeley.
- Fifth year All-American Dani Drews is the leader in kills this season for Utah with 292 and averages 4.79 kills per set. Drews was named Sports Import/AVCA Division I Women Player of the Week on Sept. 14 as well as Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week the same week on Sept. 13
- Back in February 2021, the Sun Devils fell to the Utes in two matches in Tempe. ASU is looking for its first win against Utah since 2015. Arizona State trails 19-13 in the all-time series.
Colorado (12-5, 3-5 Pac-12)
- The Buffaloes finished with an 8-12 record in the spring while competing in all but two of their scheduled matches. Colorado finished eighth in the conference.
- Colorado played Stanford and California last weekend in the Bay Area where it split the two matches. The Buffaloes swept Cal on Friday in Berkeley and dropped Sunday's match to No. 15 Stanford in straight sets.
- Redshirt senior libero Brynna DeLuzio leads her team in digs with 280 and is second in the Pac-12 in total digs, behind ASU's Annika Larson. She's also first in the Pac-12 in digs per set with 4.67. On Sept. 13, she was named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week.
- The Sun Devils went up against the Buffaloes in Boulder in March 2021 during the conference-only regular season where they came up short in both matches. ASU looks to even up the all-time series against Colorado, currently trailing 11-10.