Women's Basketball To Host Westminster Friday in Exhibition Game
The University of Utah women's basketball program opens the 2021-22 season on Friday with an exhibition contest against Westminster. The game will tip-off at 7 p.m. MT in the Jon M. Huntsman Center.
GAME DAY PROMOTIONS
Join us on Friday night to celebrate Halloween at the Huntsman. Costumes are encouraged for the contest. Admission to the exhibition contest is FREE!
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are now available. Floor seats are priced at $100 while general admission tickets at $25. Call the Utah ticket office at 801-581-UTIX or visit www.UtahTickets.com.
• Senior point guard Dru Gylten was named to the Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List. She is 1-of-20 point guards named to the watch list. This is the third straight season Gylten has been named to the watch list.
• Last season, Utah's underclassmen that saw action in 2020-21 scored a combined 853 of Utah's 1,264 points (67%).
• Last season, the Utes Brynna Maxwell and Kemery Martín earned Pac-12 All-Conference honorable mention honors. The duo combined to score 501 points, with Maxwell averaging a team-high 12.8 points and Martín putting up 11.1.
• Utah has knocked off a Top 25 opponent every season under the direction of Lynne Roberts.
• Utah's win over Oregon State last season was the 27th win over a Top 25 opponent in program history and its highest-ranked win since Stanford (#6) in 2019.
HOME SWEET HUNTSMAN
The Utah Women's Basketball program has an 81-percent winning percentage when playing in Salt Lake City, holding an all-time record of 524-127. The Utes have nine seasons without a loss at the Jon M. Huntsman Center, also posting a 28-game home winning streak that lasted from Jan. 12, 1995, to Feb. 8, 1997.
Utah hosts Lipscomb University to open regular season play on Wednesday, Nov. 10. Tip-off for the home opener is set for 7 p.m. MT. The contest will be streamed and will also be on ESPN 700.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 62 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 45-17 in those games. Utah had 10 games last season with 8+ made from the three, including five with 10+ (10 at Oregon State, 12/8; 12 vs. Montana State, 12/11; 10 vs. Washington, 1/3; 10 at California, 2/5; 10 at Washington, 2/19).
• Last season, Utah's sophomore class scored 599 of the Utes' 1,264 points this season (47%).
• Utah ranked sixth in the Pac-12 in threes made per game (6.8), knocking down 142. Maxwell, Martín, Andrea Torres, and Kennady McQueen all hit 20 or more three-pointers. All four players return this season for Utah.
• During her first two seasons, Maxwell wrote her name in the Ute's record book for her performances from behind the arc. During her freshman season, she hit 83 three-pointers, the fifth most in a single season. Over her career, Maxwell ranks fourth all-time as she has made 41.4 percent of her shots from deep.
• Dru Gylten enters the season with 401 assists in her career, which is tenth all-time in Utah history. Last season, she was one of four juniors among active players in Division I women's basketball with 400 or more assists.
• Brynna Maxwell has scored double-digits in 34 of her 52 career games, including 13 times last season. She has scored 675 points over her two years at a Ute.
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against Westminster will not be streamed and will also not be on the radio. During regular-season games, Utah fans can tune in on ESPN 700, with every Pac-12 game this season being aired on the Pac-12 Networks.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).