Women's Basketball Hosts Lipscomb in Season-Opener
The University of Utah women's basketball program opens the 2021-22 regular season on Wednesday, Nov. 10 against Lipscomb at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The game will tip-off at 7 p.m. MT.
GAME DAY PROMOTIONS
Fans, it's a White Out on Wednesday at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. Fans who wear WHITE will receive FREE admission to the contest. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are now available. Floor seats are priced at $100 while general admission tickets at $25. Call the Utah ticket office at 801-581-UTIX or visit www.UtahTickets.com.
• Senior point guard Dru Gylten was named to the Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List. She is 1-of-20 point guards named to the watch list. This is the third straight season Gylten has been named to the watch list.
• Last season, Utah's underclassmen that saw action in 2020-21 scored a combined 853 of Utah's 1,264 points (67%).
• Utah is looking for their first 1-0 start since the 2018-19 season on Wednesday. Utah has lost its last two season-openers.
• Dru Gylten and Brynna Maxwell were named to the Preseason Pac-12 All-Conference honorable mention as voted on by the Pac-12 Media last week.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 62 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 45-17 in those games.
HOME SWEET HUNTSMAN
The Utah Women's Basketball program has an 81-percent winning percentage when playing in Salt Lake City, holding an all-time record of 524-127. The Utes have nine seasons without a loss at the Jon M. Huntsman Center, also posting a 28-game home winning streak that lasted from Jan. 12, 1995, to Feb. 8, 1997.
Utah hosts Xavier on Saturday, Nov. 13, in non-conference action. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. MT from the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The contest will be streamed at UtahUtes.com and on 105.5 KOOL FM.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 62 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 45-17 in those games. Utah had 10 games last season with 8+ made from the three, including five with 10+ (10 at Oregon State, 12/8; 12 vs. Montana State, 12/11; 10 vs. Washington, 1/3; 10 at California, 2/5; 10 at Washington, 2/19).
• Last season, Utah's sophomore class scored 599 of the Utes' 1,264 points this season (47%).
• Utah ranked sixth in the Pac-12 in threes made per game (6.8), knocking down 142. Maxwell, Martín, Andrea Torres, and Kennady McQueen all hit 20 or more three-pointers. All four players return this season for Utah.
• During her first two seasons, Brynna Maxwell wrote her name in the Ute's record book for her performances from behind the arc. During her freshman season, she hit 83 three-pointers, the fifth most in a single season. Over her career, Maxwell ranks fourth all-time as she has made 41.4 percent of her shots from deep.
• Dru Gylten enters the season with 401 assists in her career, which is tenth all-time in Utah history. Last season, she was one of four juniors among active players in Division I women's basketball with 400 or more assists.
• Brynna Maxwell has scored double-digits in 34 of her 52 career games, including 13 times last season. She has scored 675 points over her two years at a Ute.
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against Lipscomb will have a live video stream and live stats provided on UtahUtes.com. Fans can also tune into ESPN 700 and listen to play-by-play announcer Tyson Ewing and analyst Amanda Smith calling the shots.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).