Final Home Games This Weekend For Sun Devils
TEMPE, Ariz. -- For the final time this season, Sun Devil Volleyball is home to host Colorado on Friday at 2 p.m. MST for the Salute to Service game before taking on No. 16 Utah on Sunday at 1 p.m. MST for Senior Day, honoring Jamye Cox.
How to Watch
Desert Financial Arena will be open to the public and tickets are available here. Fan safety protocol information is here. Friday's match will be on the Pac-12 Network and Sunday's will be on the ASU Live Stream. Follow along on social media, @SunDevilVB on Twitter and @sundevilvolleyball on Instagram, for more updates.
Friday's matchup against Colorado is our Salute to Service game. On Sunday, it is Senior Day and fifth-year senior Jamye Cox will be honored prior to the match.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (13-12, 6-8 Pac-12)
- The Sun Devils look to bounce back after dropping both matches against the Washington schools over the weekend. Sunday's match against Washington State was ASU's 11th five-set match of the season, which is tied for second most in a season in program history. Due in part to the number of five-set matches, the Sun Devils lead the Pac-12 in three categories: total number of kills, assists and digs.
- Junior outside hitter Iman Isanovic had a career-high 28 kills while hitting a season-high clip of .426 in the matchup with WSU on Sunday. Isanovic is currently on a nine-match streak of reaching double digits in kills, and is second in the Pac-12 in kills.
- Being a factor on offense and defense, sophomore outspinide hitter Marta Levinska had her 10th double-double of the season on Sunday, finishing with 12 kills and 10 digs. Levinska also was the team leader in digs with 13 against Washington.
- Notching her 10th match this season reaching 40 or more assists, sophomore setter Ella Snyder has 882 assists this fall, good for third in the Pac-12 in overall assists.
- Sophomore middle blocker Claire Jeter leads the team in blocks this season with 99. She had seven along with five kills on Friday and three on Sunday. In addition to her high blocking numbers, she is third on the team in total kills with 227.
- The libero duties this past weekend were split between junior Annika Larson and grad Jamye Cox. Larson remains second in the Pac-12 with digs where she has 361 on the season and has reached 20 or more digs in six matches. On Sunday, Cox had 10 digs and four assists, which was her third time reaching double figures in digs as a Sun Devil and matched her career high in assists.
Colorado (13-9, 5-9 Pac-12)
- Over the weekend, the Buffaloes defeated USC in four sets on Friday but were swept by No. 13 UCLA on Sunday during a homestand.
- This season, the Buffs have two ranked wins, one coming against No. 16 Utah in conference play. One of the team leaders is libero Brynna DeLuzio; she is first in the Pac-12 in total digs with 397.
- Arizona State last played Colorado on Oct. 24 in Boulder where they won in four sets. Four Sun Devils reached double figures in kills and digs that match along with three Sun Devils earning double-doubles. The all-time series record is tied at 11-11.
Utah (16-7, 9-5 Pac-12)
- Last weekend, Utah split its two matches hosted at home in Salt Lake City. The Utes dropped a five set match to No. 13 UCLA on Friday night but defeated USC in four sets on Sunday. This fall, Utah has five ranked wins this season, including a season sweep over a ranked Oregon team.
- Fifth year outside hitter Dani Drews leads the Utes in kills with 426 this season and leads the Pac-12 in kills with that number. She has been the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week twice, as well as the national player of the week back in September.
- The Sun Devils upset the then-No. 18 Utes on Oct. 22 on the road in four sets. It was the first career win over Utah for head coach Sanja Tomasevic and the second win over a ranked opponent at that point.