#StanfordNFL Week 9: Run CMC
Run CMC Returns
Running back Christian McCaffrey returned and had 52 rushing yards (14 attempts), 54 receiving yards (four catches) in a loss to the Patriots. It was McCaffrey's 20th career 50+ rushing, 50+ receiving game, surpassing Le'Veon Bell for the most such games in a player's first five seasons in NFL history.
— NFL (@NFL) November 7, 2021
Okereke's Puts on a Show
Linebacker Bobby Okereke had another double-digit tackle game, totaling 11 (9 solo) with an interception in the Colts' 45-30 win over the Jets. He had an 82.9 tackling grade, according to Pro Football Focus.
Linebacker @BobbyOkereke ???? put in the work for the @Colts on Thursday Night, making a game-leading nine solo tackles (11 total) and an interception as his team wencat 4-5 for the season!??#NFLAfrica pic.twitter.com/AFo3cWnYZb
— NFL Africa (@NFLAfrica) November 5, 2021
Vaugther's Salute to Service
James Vaughters tallied a 91.4 pass rush grade by PFF, making two tackles, forcing a fumble and registering a 15-yard sack in the Falcons' 27-25 road win at New Orleans.
#SaluteToService has a special meaning to James Vaughters.
He dedicated his sack to his grandfathers who served in the military ?? pic.twitter.com/2Sy9fuq9JE
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) November 8, 2021
Walker Little played all 61 offensive snaps in his first career start, helping the Jaguars to a 9-6 win vs. Buffalo.
Jaguars Notebook: Injury updates on James Robinson and Trevor Lawrence, Walker Little's big 10 minutes, and why Urban Meyer thinks Tyson Campbell is back to being Tyson Campbell. https://t.co/lhWO5uJiVB
— John Shipley (@_John_Shipley) November 9, 2021
- Cornerback Paulson Adebo started in a 27-25 loss to Atlanta.
- Jake Bailey punted three times, averaging 50.7 yards per punt, and tallied two touchbacks on three kickoffs in the Patriots' 24-6 win over the Panthers.
- Drew Dalman played five special teams snaps in the Falcons' win over the Saints.
- Zach Ertz had three receptions for 27 yards as the Cardinals defeated the 49ers, 31-17, on the road.
- Cameron Fleming played 65% of snaps at right tackle off the bench and did not allow a pressure in the Broncos' 30-16 win over the Cowboys.
- Offensive lineman Nate Herbig played four special teams snaps in the Eagles' 27-24 loss to the Chargers.
- Tight end Austin Hooper had two catches for 14 yards and sprung Nick Chubb to several, game-changing, incredible runs in the Browns' 41-16 dominant triumph over division foe Cincinnati.
- Defensive lineman Josh Mauro had one tackle on 18 snaps in the Cardinals' road victory at San Francisco.
- Quarterback Davis Mills was active but did not play for the Texans in their loss to the Dolphins.
- Defensive lineman Harrison Phillips had five tackles (three solo) while playing 41% of defensive snaps in a loss to the Jaguars.
- Safety Justin Reid did not allow a reception on 49 pass coverage snaps, adding one tackle in a loss at Miami.
- Outside linebacker Brennan Scarlett had one tackle in a win over the Texans, playing 22% of defensive snaps and 75% of special teams snaps.
- Tight end Dalton Schultz had four catches for 54 yards, while adding a tackle on an interception, in the Cowboys' loss to Denver.
- Kaden Smith played 15 total snaps in the Giants' 23-16 win over the Raiders.
- Defensive end Solomon Thomas had two tackles and one QB hit, playing 36% of defensive snaps in a 23-16 win over the Giants.
- Colby Parkinson (Seahawks), Richard Sherman (Bucs) and Casey Toohill (Washington) were on byes in week nine.
- J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (Eagles), Simi Fehoko (Cowboys), Trenton Irwin (Bengals) and Ty Montgomery (Saints) were all inactive during week nine.