Women's Basketball Takes on Xavier Saturday Afternoon
The University of Utah women's basketball program hosts its second of four-straight on Saturday when they host Xavier at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The game will tip off at 12 p.m. MT.
GAME DAY PROMOTIONS
Fans that bring their ticket stub or digital ticket from the women's basketball game on Saturday, Nov. 13, against Xavier will get a FREE lower bowl GA ticket for the men's basketball game later that night versus Sacramento State.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are now available. Floor seats are priced at $100 while general admission tickets at $25. Call the Utah ticket office at 801-581-UTIX or visit www.UtahTickets.com.
• Senior point guard Dru Gylten was named to the Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List. She is 1-of-20 point guards named to the watch list. This is the third straight season Gylten has been named to the watch list.
• In the season-opener, Utah broke the school record for most threes in a single game. The Utes hit 19 three-pointers in the victory. The previous high was 16, which happened on Jan. 17, 2020, at Colorado.
• Utah is looking for their first 2-0 start since the 2018-19 season on Saturday.
• Dru Gylten and Brynna Maxwell were named to the Preseason Pac-12 All-Conference honorable mention as voted on by the Pac-12 Media last week.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 63 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 46-17 in those games.
HOME SWEET HUNTSMAN
The Utah Women's Basketball program has an 81-percent winning percentage when playing in Salt Lake City, holding an all-time record of 525-127. The Utes have nine seasons without a loss at the Jon M. Huntsman Center, also posting a 28-game home winning streak that lasted from Jan. 12, 1995, to Feb. 8, 1997.
Utah hosts Saint Mary's (Calif.) on Tuesday, Nov. 16, in non-conference action. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. from the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The contest will be streamed on UtahUtes.com and on ESPN700.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 63 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 46-17 in those games. Utah had ten games last season with 8+ made from the three, including five with 10+ (10 at Oregon State, 12/8; 12 vs. Montana State, 12/11; 10 vs. Washington, 1/3; 10 at California, 2/5; 10 at Washington, 2/19).
• Utah set a single-game school record on Wednesday night when they hit 19 threes in the win over Lipscomb. The previous record was 16 made three-pointers against Colorado on Jan. 17, 2020.
• Utah scored 105 points on Wednesday night. This is the most scored in the Lynne Roberts era and the most scored by a Utah team since the 1983-84 season.
• Dru Gylten moved up to ninth on the all-time career list at Utah. She dished out six assists in the win and now has 407 for her career. She is six away from tying for eighth place for career assists. Gylten is one of 14 active players with 400 or more assists in Division I women's basketball.
• Brynna Maxwell has scored double-digits in 35 of her 53 career games, including 11 times last season. She has scored 699 points over her three years at a Ute.
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against Xavier will have a live video stream and live stats provided on UtahUtes.com. Fans can also tune into 105.5 KOOL FM and listen to play-by-play announcer Tyson Ewing and analyst Amanda Smith calling the shots.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).