Back At Haas Monday Night
BERKELEY – California returns to Haas Pavilion on Monday night as it opens a two-game homestand against San Diego at 6 p.m. PT. The Golden Bears (0-2) face a quick turnaround after coming up short in a 55-52 loss at UNLV on Saturday and are seeking their first win of the season.
Monday's clash between the Bears and Toreros (2-0) will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks. All fans 12 and older attending the game will be required to show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination and a photo ID prior to entry.
- Date & Time: Monday, Nov. 15 | 6 p.m. PT
- Watch: Pac-12 Networks | Guy Haberman (PxP) & Ben Braun (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: CalBears.com
- Game Notes: Cal
- Cal and San Diego will face one another for the first time since 2006, when San Diego bested the Bears 72-67 in the championship game of the 2006 Golden Bear Classic in Berkeley. Cal leads the all-time series, 2-1, with its pair of wins coming in the early 1980s.
- Andre Kelly (17 points, 12 rebounds vs. UC San Diego) and Grant Anticevich (11 points, 10 rebounds at UNLV) have both recorded double-doubles in the Bears' first two games of the season.
- Graduate transfer Jordan Shepherd tied his career-high of 27 points in his Cal debut last Tuesday, going 9-20 from the field.
- After a disappointing loss at home to UC San Diego on Nov. 9, Cal responded with a gritty performance on the road at UNLV on Saturday before narrowly falling 55-52. The Bears had chances in the closing seconds of the contest but could not connect.
- Andre Kelly hauled in his 500th career rebound at UNLV on Nov. 13. He is the first Golden Bear to record all 500 rebounds in a Cal uniform since Ivan Rabb grabbed 615 boards from 2015-17.
- Cal has out-rebounded their opponents in eight of their past 10 games dating back to Feb. 11, 2021 of last season. The Golden Bears have out-rebounded their first two opponents this season 69-65 for a margin of 2.0 per game.
- Makale Foreman and Jalen Celestine made their season debuts at UNLV on Nov. 13 after missing the opener due to injury. Celestine, a sophomore, tallied four points and four rebounds in 24 minutes of action against the Runnin' Rebels.
- The Bears' 17-man roster is an experienced bunch, featuring 13 returners from last year. Four newcomers are on board, including three freshmen – Sam Alajiki (Dundalk, Ireland), Obinna Anyanwu (San Diego) and Marsalis Roberson (Oakland).
- Cal is 18-14 overall at Haas Pavilion under Mark Fox (2019-20 to present). The Bears have an all-time record of 265-108 (.710) at Haas.
Cal will host Southern Utah at 7 p.m. PT on Thursday, Nov. 18 in Berkeley. The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks.
For complete coverage of Cal men's basketball, please follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMBBall), Instagram (@CalMBBball) and Facebook (/CalMBBall/).