Beavers Host Arizona State To Close Out Home Schedule
GAME 11: OREGON STATE VS. ARIZONA STATE
November 20, 2021 • Corvallis, Ore. • Reser Stadium • 7:30 p.m. PT • ESPN
Play-By-Play: Dave Flemming
Analyst: Rod Gilmore
Sideline: Stormy Buonantony
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 134 (Sirius), 197 (XM)
SiriusXM App/Internet: 959
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 35 / 735 HD
Dish Network: 140
Charter Spectrum: 27 / 816 HD
- Oregon State plays its final home game of the 2021 season Saturday when hosting Arizona State at Reser Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. PT.
- The game will air live on ESPN. Dave Flemming (play-by-play), Rod Gilmore (analyst) and Stormy Buonantony (sideline) will call the action.
- Arizona State leads the all-time series, 30-14-1, with a slight 9-8-1 advantage in games played in Corvallis.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notables
- The Beavers, by virtue of their sixth win of the season Saturday, are bowl eligible for the first time since the 2013 season.
- Oregon State is 5-0 at home for the first time since 2012. A win Saturday would give the Beavers their first undefeated season at home since the 2000 Beavers went 6-0.
- B.J. Baylor became the ninth player in program history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. Those nine players have combined for 17 such seasons.
- The Beavers' 2001 Fiesta Bowl team and former head coach Dennis Erickson will be inducted into the Oregon State Hall of Fame Friday night and will be honored at Saturday's game.
- Jermar Jefferson ran for 103 yards and Jack Colletto scored two rushing touchdowns but the Beavers were edged, 46-33, by the Sun Devils in the 2020 season finale.
- Ben Gulbranson threw a 16-yard touchdown pass to Zeriah Beason on the last play of the game, which also happened to be the last play of the season.
Baylor Hits 1K
- B.J. Baylor ran for 80 yards on 23 carries in the win over Stanford and in the process, surpassed the 1,000-yard mark for the first time in his career.
- Baylor is the ninth player in Oregon State history to tally at least one 1,000-yard season, joining Steven Jackson, Ken Simonton, Jacquizz Rodgers, Jermar Jefferson, Yvenson Bernard, Bill Enyart, Pete Pifer and Dave Schilling.
- Those nine have combined for 17 1,000-yard seasons; Simonton, Bernard and Rodgers have three apiece.
- Baylor has 1,050 yards on the season, which stands as the 16th-best mark in a season at OSU. He is 34 yards shy of No. 15 Dave Schilling, 38 shy of No. 14 Pete Pifer and 45 shy of 13th, which is also held by Pifer.
- Oregon State's defense allowed Stanford just 230 yards in Saturday's win. That's the fewest yards allowed against a Pac-12 opponent in Jonathan Smith's tenure as head coach. It bettered the 282 yards allowed against California in 2019.
- The OSU defense also snagged three turnovers - two interceptions and a fumble - its first since Oct. 9 at Washington State.
- The three turnovers, surpassed only by four against USC, gives the Beavers a plus-one turnover margin this season.
- OSU also held Stanford to four third-down conversions on 11 attempts. That's the fewest allowed by the Beavers since week three versus Idaho.
- Stanford ran just 49 offensive plays, the fewest by an OSU opponent since the Cardinal and Idaho Vandals both ran just 47 plays during games in 2006.
Roberts Leading The Pac-12
- Oregon State linebacker Avery Roberts continues his Pac-12 leading season with 111 tackles, which is fourth in the nation. It also continues a career-best for the Delaware native, surpassing his 83 two seasons ago.
- Roberts now has 263 career tackles during his career at OSU. That's 19 tackles shy of tying Jonathan Jackson (1996-99) for 10th-most all-time at Oregon State.
- He has led the team in tackles in 15 of his 27 career games at OSU.
- Roberts also has five or more tackles in 24 of those 27 games.
- Roberts' 111 tackles this season, meanwhile, are nine shy of tying Rico Petrini (1994) for 10th-most in a season by a Beaver.
- The Pac-12's No. 2 leading tacklers, Devin Lloyd (Utah) and Jahad Woods (Washington State), are both at 84. Roberts is the only Pac-12 player averaging better than nine tackles per game. He is one of just 10 nationally averaging 10 or more per game.