Beavers Back At Gill To Play Samford On Thursday
THE GAME: Oregon State (1-2) returns to Gill Coliseum to play the Samford Bulldogs (2-1) at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network with Rich Burk and Lamar Hurd calling the action.
For information on how to watch the game online or on a mobile device, click on this link. If you live overseas and want to watch the game, it is available via YouTube at this link.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Maurice Calloo has led the team in scoring in two of the three games; he led the team in scoring in two of the 33 games last season ... Jarod Lucas has made multiple 3-pointers in 13 straight games dating back to last season; it's the second-longest streak in Oregon State history, trailing only Chris Stephens (21) ... Warith Alatishe has dished out multiple assists in nine straight games dating back to last season ... Rodrigue Andela scored 10 points at Tulsa; it's the second time in his career he's scored in double figures ... Gianni Hunt has tied a career high with six rebounds twice this season; he grabbed six boards one time in his first 62 career games ... Maurice Calloo (9-for-10) and Jarod Lucas (5-for-6) are a combined 14-for-16 (87.5%) from the free throw line; the rest of the team is a combined 12-for-35 (34.3%) ... Wayne Tinkle (114) needs one win to tie Bob Hager (115) for the third-most victories in Oregon State men's basketball history; he would trail only Naismith Memorial Hall of Famers Slats Gill (599) and Ralph Miller (359).
vs. SAMFORD: Oregon State and Samford are meeting for the second time with the Beavers leading the series 1-0.
The Beavers won the first meeting, 87-66, on Dec. 21, 1974 at Gill Coliseum in Corvallis. Charlie Neal led the Beavers with a game-high 23 points, while George Tucker added 18 points and Lonnie Shelton posted a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Karl Hill scored 20 points to lead the Bulldogs.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).