#16 Utah To Host Colorado Friday For Regular Season Finale
The No. 16 University of Utah Football team will play in Rice-Eccles Stadium for the final time this season on Friday, Nov. 26 when it hosts the Colorado Buffaloes for Senior Day. The Utes will honor their senior class prior to the 2 p.m. MT kick on FOX.
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is 105-36 (.745) in Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present), recording its 100th win in the historic stadium in 2020. Utah is 77-25 in RES during the Kyle Whittingham era, including three undefeated home seasons in 2008 (6-0), 2009 (6-0) and 2019 (7-0). Utah has won 18 of its last 19 home games, which includes a streak of 11 in a row from Oct. 6, 2018 – Nov. 30, 2019 and a current streak of seven straight at home. The Utes are 18-14-2 all-time against Colorado in Salt Lake City, winning the last four contests played in RES.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during games on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics). Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football throughout the season.
• With a win, Utah would finish 8-1 in conference play for the second time since joining the conference (8-1 in 2019).
• With a win, Utah would break the tie in the all-time series against Colorado to take a one-game lead (32-32-3).
• Utah has won a share of the Pac-12 South Title in three of the last four seasons, and four times overall (2015, 2018, 2019, 2021).
• Utah is the only team in the Pac-12 to rank in the top five across all defensive and offensive categories.
• Utah ranks in the top 20 in the FBS in both scoring offense (35.9) and rushing offense (213.9).
• Utah is 52-42 in Pac-12 Conference play and 128-164-6 all-time against Pac-12 opponents. Utah has won 18 of its last 21 conference games (.857).
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham became Utah's all-time wins leader with Utah's 38-7 win over No. 3 Oregon on Nov. 20 (142-69).
• In Pac-12 games only (last eight games), the Utes lead the league in scoring offense (38.4), touchdowns scored (41), total offense per game (456.3), team passing efficiency (144.2), rushing touchdowns (28) and rushing defense (117.25).
• Utah's defense ranks fifth in the FBS and first in the Pac-12 in tackles for loss per game (7.6), also ranking 16th in the FBS and first in the Pac-12 in sacks (3.09).
• Through the first five games, Utah ranked 10th in the Pac-12 in third down conversions (.298). Through 11 games, Utah ranks third in the Pac-12 and eighth in the FBS.
• Utah has seven consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014 and has finished with a winning season in 14 of Kyle Whittingham's 16 years as head coach.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 69 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its stadium capacity from 45,807 to 51,444 with the expansion of the Ken Garff Red Zone. Utah set a new attendance record in its win over No. 3 Oregon on Nov. 20, 2021 (52.724).
• Utah was picked to finish second in the Pac-12 South Division with the Utes leading all teams with five first-team preseason All-Pac-12 picks (Nick Ford, OL; Devin Lloyd, LB; Mika Tafua, DE; Jadon Redding, PK; Britain Covey, RS).