#14 Utah Set To Take On The Ducks Friday In Pac-12 Championship Game
The No. 14 University of Utah Football team is set for the 2021 Pac-12 Championship game on Friday, Dec. 3, taking on the No. 10 Oregon Ducks for the second time in two weeks. The game will kick off at 6 p.m. MT on ABC.
Utah will play on ABC for the second time this season against the Ducks, also earning a primetime slot on Nov. 20 when the Utes beat Oregon 38-7. Utah is 17-7-1 all-time when playing on ABC.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during games on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics). Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football throughout the season.
• With a win, Utah would earn its 10th victory of the season. Utah has had five 10+ win seasons under Kyle Whittingham.
• With a win, Utah would win its first Pac-12 Championship game. This will be Utah's third appearance in the championship game since joining the conference.
• Utah has won a share of the Pac-12 South Title in three of the last four seasons, and four times overall (2015, 2018, 2019, 2021).
• Utah has averaged 218.2 rushing yards per game in the last six games, while holding opponents to just 119.5 yards on the ground.
• Utah is one of six Power Five programs (only Pac-12 team) that is ranked in the top 30 in the FBS in scoring offense and scoring defense.
• Utah is 53-42 in Pac-12 Conference play and 129-164-6 all-time against Pac-12 opponents. Utah has won 19 of its last 22 conference games (.863).
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham became Utah's all-time wins leader with Utah's 38-7 win over No. 3 Oregon on Nov. 20. He is 143-69 during his time at Utah.
• Utah has appeared in the College Football Playoff rankings 33 times, which is tied for seventh in the FBS (first among Pac-12 teams).
• In Pac-12 games only, Utah leads the conference in scoring offense (37.2), touchdowns scored (45), total offense per game (454.89), rushing offense (240.78) and passing efficiency (145.7).
• Utah's defense ranks fourth in the FBS in tackles for loss per game (7.6) and is 12th in team sacks (3.17).
• Utah was only converting on 37-percent of its third down attempts through the first six games, now ranking eighth in the FBS by converting on 49-percent of its attempts.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014 and has finished with a winning season in 15 of Kyle Whittingham's 17 years as head coach.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 70 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its stadium capacity from 45,807 to 51,444 with the expansion of the Ken Garff Red Zone in 2021, averaging 51,817 fans this season.
• Utah was picked to finish second in the Pac-12 South Division with the Utes leading all teams with five first-team preseason All-Pac-12 picks (Nick Ford, OL; Devin Lloyd, LB; Mika Tafua, DE; Jadon Redding, PK; Britain Covey, RS).