Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards - Nov. 29, 2021
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Dani Drews, 5th., OH, Utah (Sandy, Utah)
» 7.00 KPS, .333 PCT, 3.14 DPS, 8.00 PPS
- Led the Utes to a sweep over then-No. 21 Washington State and a four-set win over Colorado with back-to-back 20+ kill performances.
- Totaled 21 kills against the Cougars, which was just one shy of tying her own program record for a three-set match, while hitting at a .283 clip.
- Also tallied 15 digs to record her team-best 11th double-double of the year.
- Continued her hot-hitting with 28 kills against Colorado in four sets, which was two shy of tying her own program record for a four-set match, while hitting .337.
- Also added four aces to tie a season high, seven digs and four aces.
- Finished the regular season with a conference-high 5.24 kills per set, which ranks third nationally.
- Fifth Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week selection and Utah's 20th all-time Pac-12 Player of the Week, including Pac-12 Player of the Week (1986-2010) and Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week (2011-21) selections.
ALSO NOMINATED: Karson Bacon, ORE; Brooke Botkin, USC; Jahara Campbell, COL; Samantha Drechsel, WASH; Jaelyn Hodge, ARIZ; Kendall Kipp, STAN; Mac May, UCLA; Katy Ryan, WSU.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Vanessa Ramirez, So., DS, Utah (Pasadena, Calif.)
» 5.00 DPS
- Averaged 5.00 digs per set in victories over then-No. 21 Washington State and Colorado.
- Tied a career-high with 21 digs in the sweep over WSU, the most by a Ute in a three-set match this season, while also adding three assists. Her previous personal-best in digs was recorded in five sets.
- The 21-dig performance was her team-high third of 20+ this season.
- Followed that performance with 14 digs to go along with eight assists in a four-set win over Colorado.
- Has posted double-digit digs in 22 of 29 matches this season.
- First career Pac-12 weekly honor, and Utah's 21st all-time Player of the Week, including Pac-12 Player of the Week (1986-2010) and Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week (2011-21) selections.
ALSO NOMINATED: Abby Hansen, ORE; Meegan Hart, COLP; Emery Herman, ARIZ; Elena Oglivie, STAN; Lauren Sanders, WASH; Shannon Scully, USC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kami Miner, Fr., S, Stanford (Redondo Beach, Calif.)
» 13.83 APS
- Set the Cardinal offense to a .413 clip in a pair of road sweeps at USC and California.
- Averaged 13.83 assists to go with 3.17 digs per set in the two victories.
- Racked up 46 assists in just three sets along with six digs and an ace against USC.
- Finished with 37 assists and 13 digs at Cal, good for her team-leading ninth double-double of the season.
- Fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor and Stanford's 30th all-time selection.
ALSO NOMINATED: Emoni Bush, WASH; Jahara Campbell, COLO; Katy Ryan, WSU; Puk Stubbe, ARIZ; Mia Tuaniga, USC.
2021 Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards