Pac-12 Opener On Thursday
BERKELEY – California will look to continue its strong play at home as it hosts Oregon State in a Pac-12 opener at 7:30 p.m. PT on Thursday, Dec. 2 at Haas Pavilion. The contest will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
The Golden Bears (3-4) have won three in a row at home dating back to Nov. 15, including a 65-57 victory against Fresno State this past Sunday, while Oregon State enters the contest at 1-6 overall. Cal owns an 89-67 all-time advantage against Oregon State, despite the Beavers having won four straight games in the series.
All fans 12 and older attending the game will be required to show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination and a photo ID prior to entry.
- Date & Time: Thursday, Dec. 2 | 7:30 p.m. PT
- Watch: Pac-12 Networks | Guy Haberman (PxP) & Mike Montgomery (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- Game Notes: Cal | Oregon State
- The Bears are aiming to snap a four-game skid against the Beavers, which includes three losses during the 2020-21 season (two Pac-12 games, one non-conference game). Cal has had great success at home against Oregon State, however, going 18-2 in the head-to-head series when playing at Haas Pavilion since 1999.
- Cal is 8-11 in Pac-12 home games under head coach Mark Fox, including a 6-3 mark during the 2019-20 season when the Bears played in front of fans (Cal did not allow fans to attend games at Haas Pavilion throughout the entire 2020-21 season). The Bears are seeking their first Pac-12-opening win since defeating Stanford on the road in the 2017-18 opener.
- Andre Kelly is third among Pac-12 players in rebounds per game (9.1) and field-goal percentage (66.7) and fifth in points per game (16.1). He's recorded three double-doubles in seven games and has made 16-of-20 shots from the field in his past three games.
- Cal has dished out 10-plus assists in each of its three wins this season, including 16 vs. San Diego (Nov. 15), 14 vs. Southern Utah (Nov. 18) and 10 vs. Fresno State (Nov. 28). Joel Brown had 15 total assists in the two victories and leads the team with 3.0 APG.
- Along with Kelly (16.1), Jordan Shepherd (13.1) and Grant Anticevich (11.6) are averaging double figures in scoring. Shepherd scored a team-high 17 points in Cal's win over Fresno State – his most since scoring a career-high 29 points on Nov. 9 – and Anticevich scored 15, including 10 in a row during the second half, in Cal's loss to No. 21 Seton Hall on Nov. 24.
- Cal shot 66.7 percent (10-15) from 3-point range in its win vs. San Diego (Nov. 15). It was Cal's best single-game 3-point field-goal percentage (min. 15 attempts) since the 1996-97 season.
Cal travels to Salt Lake City to face Utah at 2 p.m. PT on Sunday, Dec. 5. The conference clash will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
For complete coverage of Cal men's basketball, please follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMBBall), Instagram (@CalMBBball) and Facebook (/CalMBBall/).