Women’s Basketball Host No. 21/23 BYU Saturday
The University of Utah women's basketball program returns to the Jon M. Huntsman Center on Saturday evening when they host No. 21/23 Brigham Young in non-conference action. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. MT.
Date | Time: Saturday, Dec. 4 | 5 p.m. (MT)
Utah (6-1) vs. #21/23 BYU (7-0)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Jon M. Huntsman Center
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: Click Here
Live Stream: Pac-12 Networks
GAME DAY PROMOTION
Fans, let's RED OUT the Jon M. Huntsman Center on Saturday. Fans who wear RED will receive FREE admission into the BYU game. For our annual BYU game this year, we have decided to use our platform to recognize front-line workers. We will recognize front-line workers, first responders, and military members for their dedication to protecting our communities throughout the game.
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against BYU will have live stats provided on UtahUtes.com. Fans can also tune into 105.5 KOOL FM and listen to play-by-play announcer Tyson Ewing and analyst Amanda Smith calling the shots. The contest will also be aired on the Pac-12 Networks.
• Senior point guard Dru Gylten picked up five assists in the game against Eastern Illinois and now has 440 for her career, which moves her into a tie for 6th place on the all-time career assists list at Utah with Karen Alcorn.
• BYU comes into the game ranked 21st in the AP Poll. Utah will be looking for its first win over a Top 25 team this season. Utah has knocked off a Top 25 opponent each year, under the direction of Lynne Roberts.
• Utah holds an 81-percent winning percentage when playing in Salt Lake City, holding an all-time record of 528-127. Utah is a perfect 4-0 at home during the 2021-22 season.
• The Utes offense is explosive this season. They are averaging 88.3 points per game, the second-best mark in the nation, and 11.7 three-pointers per game, second-best in the NCAA.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 67 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 50-17 in those games.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are now available. Floor seats are priced at $100 while general admission tickets at $25. Call the Utah ticket office at 801-581-UTIX or visit www.UtahTickets.com.
WINNING AT HOME
The Utah Women's Basketball program has an 81-percent winning percentage when playing in Salt Lake City, holding an all-time record of 528-127. The Utes have nine seasons without a loss at the Jon M. Huntsman Center, also posting a 28-game home winning streak
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 67 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 50-17 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in five games this season, including four with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/27).
• Utah has only hit 15 or more three-pointers three times in a single game, vs. Lipscomb (19), vs. Eastern Illinois (16), and the previous school record of 16 at Colorado.
• Utah is averaging 88.3 points per game this season, the second-most in the nation. The only team in front of the Utes is Ohio State. Utah is the highest-scoring team in the Pac-12 and the only Pac-12 team in the top 20.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was only the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back times. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• Utah placed two on the Rainbow Wahine Showdown All-Tournament Team. Brynna Maxwell and Kennady McQueen earned all-tournament honors.
• Dru Gylten moved up to tie for sixth all-time on the Utah career assists list. She dished out five assists in the contest against Eastern Illinois in the final game of the Rainbow Wahine Showdown. For her career, Gylten has 440 assists in her career. She is 12 away from moving, tying for fifth on the career assists list.
• Brynna Maxwell has scored double-digits in 38 of her 59 career games, including four times this season. She has scored 772 points over her three years at a Ute. Maxwell has hit five or more threes in three games this season.
Following the game against Brigham Young, the Utes remain at home as Cal State Fullerton comes to the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The tip-off of this non-conference game will be at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 10.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).