Cal Hits Road To Face Utah
BERKELEY – California heads to Salt Lake City for an early-season Pac-12 clash with Utah at 2 p.m. PT on Sunday, Dec. 5 inside the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
The Golden Bears (4-4, 1-0 Pac-12) are fresh off of a Pac-12-opening win against Oregon State on Thursday in Berkeley. Cal led wire-to-wire and earned its first conference-opening victory since the 2017-18 season. Utah (5-2, 0-1) has lost two straight to nationally-ranked BYU and USC after opening the season with five consecutive wins.
- Date & Time: Sunday, Dec. 5 | 2 p.m. PT/3 p.m. MT
- Watch: Pac-12 Networks | Todd Harris (PxP) & Matt Muehlebach (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- Cal's most recent trip to Salt Lake City resulted in a 72-63 win over Utah on Jan. 16, 2021. Despite trailing by 12 points at halftime, Cal stormed back with a 50-point second half to snag the road win. It was Cal's first win at Utah since Jan. 24, 2013.
- Cal and Utah have 18 wins apiece in their all-time series. The Runnin' Utes most recently won 76-75 on Feb. 11, 2021 in Berkeley.
- Sunday's game is just the second true road contest of the season for Cal.
- Jordan Shepherd poured in a game-high 25 points and season-best eight rebounds while Andre Kelly double-doubled (20 points, 13 rebounds) for the fourth time this season in Thursday's win over Oregon State.
- Kelly is second in the Pac-12 in rebounds per game (9.6) and field-goal percentage (67.5) and third in points per game (16.6). In his past four games, the senior forward is shooting 77.4 percent (24-31) from the field.
- Cal is 4-0 this season when it dishes out 10-plus assists, including a season-high 16 vs. San Diego (Nov. 15) and 12 most recently against Oregon State on Thursday. Joel Brown leads the team with 3.0 assists per game.
- Cal out-rebounded Oregon State 42-24 on Thursday, marking its best rebounding margin (+18) in a Pac-12 game since a +20 margin (42-22 vs. the Beavers on Feb. 24, 2017. Cal has won the battle on the glass 11 times in its past 16 games dating back to last season.
- Kelly (16.6), Shepherd (14.6) and Grant Anticevich (11.6) are averaging double figures in scoring. Shepherd has scored 42 points in his past two games while Kelly and Anticevich lead the team with six double-figure performances in eight games played.
- Cal shot 66.7 percent (10-15) from 3-point range in its win vs. San Diego (Nov. 15). It was Cal's best single-game 3-point field-goal percentage (min. 15 attempts) since the 1996-97 season.
The Bears return to non-conference play to host Idaho State at 7 p.m. PT Wednesday, Dec. 8 in the first of four consecutive home games through the remainder of the 2021 calendar year. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
For complete coverage of Cal men's basketball, please follow the Bears on Twitter (@CalMBBall), Instagram (@CalMBBball) and Facebook (/CalMBBall/).