Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva - Dec. 6, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 today announced its women's basketball performance awards, presented by Nextiva, for games played from Nov. 29-Dec. 5 and voted on by media who cover the league.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Natalie Chou, Gr., G, UCLA (Plano, Texas)
» 1 G, 31.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 11.0 APG, 2.0 SPG, 2.0 BPG, .688 FG%, .667 3FG%, .750 FT%
- Poured in a career-high 31 points on 11-of-16 shooting in UCLA's 112-33 victory over San Jose State.
- Made a personal best six 3-pointers on nine attempts and added a career-high 11 assists against just one turnover in 36 minutes.
- Grabbed six rebounds and contributed two steals and two blocks in the victory.
- The 112 points scored were the most for the Bruins since they put up a school-record 129 against San Jose State on Nov. 10, 2017.
- Second career Pac-12 Player of the Week award (Jan. 11, 2021) and UCLA's 67th all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jayda Curry, CAL; Mael Gilles, ASU; Jordyn Jenkins, USC; Taylor Jones, OSU; Gianna Kneepkens, UTAH; Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU; Quay Miller, COLO; Sydney Parrish, ORE.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Gianna Kneepkens, Fr., G, Utah (Duluth, Minn.)
» 1 G, 29.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, .529 FG%, .400 3FG%, 1.000 FT%
- Scored a career-high 29 points in 26 minutes off the bench against No. 21 BYU.
- Was 9-of-17 from the floor, 4-of-10 from behind the arc and a perfect 7-of-7 at the line.
- First Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award, Utah's 15th all-time and first since Brynna Maxwell won on Feb. 10, 2020.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jayda Curry, CAL; Greta Kampschroeder, OSU; Rayah Marshall, USC; Kindyll Wetta, COLO.
2021-22 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 15||Cate Reese, ARIZ||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 22||Nyara Sabally, ORE||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 29||Cameron Brink, STAN||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Dec. 6||Natalie Chou, UCLA||Gianna Kneepkens, UTAH|