Ducks 56-game schedule features 35 home games
EUGENE, Ore. – Oregon will play a 56-game regular-season schedule in 2022 with 23 of those games coming against teams that qualified for the NCAA Tournament last year. The regular season will be capped by the first ever Pac-12 Conference Baseball Tournament in Scottsdale, Ariz., which runs from May 25-29.
"This is a very strong and exciting schedule," Oregon head coach Mark Wasikowski said. "It features 35 games at beautiful PK Park which is undergoing considerable offseason upgrades designed to enhance the fan experience, the field of play and the beauty of the overall facility."
The Ducks open the season on Feb. 18-21 with a four-game series at San Diego before hosting St. John's (Feb. 25-28), UC Santa Barbara (March 4-6) and Portland (March 8) in a nine-game home stand. The Ducks then open conference play at Stanford, a 2021 College World Series participant, on March 11-13.
"By starting off the season in San Diego versus a traditionally strong ball club and then returning to Eugene to open against East Coast power St. John's, followed by West Coast power UC Santa Barbara will give us possibly the most competitive non-conference schedule in college baseball," Wasikowski said. "Additionally, Ball State will come to Eugene during the second week of April to fill our Pac-12 bye week, which will be a very difficult test versus a quality Midwest opponent."
Oregon will play games against seven different teams that took part in the 2021 NCAA Tournament, including two that advanced to the College World Series in Omaha. Two of Oregon's opponents this season won more than 40 games last season, while nine won 30-plus games and 11 finished with winning records.
"In combining our Pac-12 opponents with the strength of our four non-conference weekend series and adding midweek games against regional caliber teams, the schedule looks to on par with the toughest in the country," Wasikowski added. "It should prepare us for a strong postseason run with our sights set on Omaha."
Oregon Schedule Highlights
- 56-game schedule featuring 23 games against 2021 NCAA Tournament teams with 35 home games.
- Nine-game home stand from Feb. 25-March 8 against St. John's (Feb. 25-28), UC Santa Barbara (March 4-6) and Portland (March 8).
- Eight-game home stand from April 22-May 3 against Washington State (April 23-24), Oregon State (April 26, May 3) and California (April 29-May 1).
- Home series against NCAA Tournament teams UC Santa Barbara and Arizona (May 19-21).
- Pac-12 Conference home series against Utah, USC, Washington State, California and Arizona.
- Midweek home games against Oregon State (April 26, May 3), Portland (March 8), San Francisco (March 29-30), UC San Diego (May 10-11) and Gonzaga (May 29).
- Games against seven teams that took part in 2021 NCAA Tournament including three at home: UC Santa Barbara, Oregon State and Arizona.
- Games against nine teams that won 30+ games: Arizona (45), UC Santa Barbara (41), Stanford (39), Ball State (38), Oregon State (37), UCLA (37), Gonzaga (34), Arizona State (33) and San Diego (33).