Beavers To Host Nicholls Tuesday
THE GAME: Oregon State will host the Nicholls Colonels at 8 p.m. on Tuesday at Gill Coliseum.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network with Ben Creighton and Dan Belloumini calling the action.
For information on how to watch the game online or on a mobile device, click on this link. If you live overseas and want to watch the game, it is available via YouTube at this link.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Dashawn Davis is averaging 7.0 assists over the last three games and has moved to second in the Pac-12 in assists per game (4.50) ... Jarod Lucas scored a season-high 25 points and tied a career best with five 3-pointers against Texas A&M ... Lucas has gone 12-for-24 from beyond the arc over the last three games ... Ahmad Rand is sixth in the Pac-12 in blocked shots per game (1.27) and Warith Alatishe is seventh (1.18) ... Rand had a career-high five blocked shots against Texas A&M ... Alatishe played his first two seasons at Nicholls State ... Maurice Calloo is shooting a team-best 94.4% (17-for-18) from the free throw line ... Glenn Taylor Jr. is shooting 57.1% (4-for-7) from beyond the arc ... Xzavier Malone-Key has scored 18 points in the last two games; he scored a total of eight points in his first five games ... Roman Silva has gone 5-for-9 from the field in the last three games ... Gianni Hunt has missed the last two games due to personal reasons ... Rodrigue Andela will miss 8-12 weeks after breaking a bone in his left foot at practice on Tuesday, November 23.
vs. NICHOLLS: Oregon State and Nicholls are meeting for the second time with the Colonels leading the series 1-0.
Nicholls won the first meeting, 93-86, on Dec. 11, 1993 at the BYU Cougar Classic in Provo, Utah. Jerohn Brown led the Beavers with 21 points, Stephan Brown added 18 and Brent Barry finished with 13. Terrel Castle scored a game-high 27 points for the Colonels, and Gerard King added 21 points and 11 rebounds.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).