Women’s Basketball Closes Out Non-Conference Slate at Oklahoma
The University of Utah women's basketball team hits the road for its final non-conference game of the 2021-22 season as Utah heads to Norman, Okla., to face the University of Oklahoma. Tip-off from the Lloyd Noble Center is set for 5 p.m. MT.
Date | Time: Tuesday, Dec. 21 | 5 p.m. (MT)
Utah (8-2) at Oklahoma (9-1)
Location: Norman, Okla. | Lloyd Noble Center
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: Click Here
TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against Oklahoma will be aired on 105.5 KOOL FM with Tyson Ewing calling the shots. The contest will also be aired on Bally Sports Oklahoma with Chad McKee and Dan Hughes on the call. Check out UtahUtes.com for live stats for the game.
• Senior point guard Dru Gylten continues to pick up awards. Earlier this season, Gylten was named to the Nancy Liebermann Award Watch List, and this week she was a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. The Rapid City, S.D. native, moved into fifth on Utah's all-time career assists. She now has 458 assists for her career.
• Jenna Johnson collected her second straight double-double on Saturday against Utah Valley. She set a career-high in the game by collecting 14 rebounds. Johnson is averaging 22.0 points and 12.0 rebounds per game over the last two. During this span, she is shooting 65.2 percent from the floor.
• Head Coach Lynne Roberts has won 99 games as a Ute. She will be looking to be the third coach in Utah history to pick up 100 wins leading the Utes.
• Sharing is caring! Utah leads the Pac-12 in assists (192) and assists per game (19.2). Utah also leads the Pac-12 in Assist to turnover ratio (1.47). In each of those three categories, Utah ranks in the top 20 in the nation. The Utes have tallied an assist on 63 percent of their field goals.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 69 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 51-18 in those games. Utah has made ten or more threes in six games this season. Utah is averaging 11.0 made three-pointers per game and have made 110 on the season. Both of those lead the Pac-12.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are now available. Floor seats are priced at $100 while general admission tickets at $25. Call the Utah ticket office at 801-581-UTIX or visit www.UtahTickets.com.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 69 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 51-18 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in five games this season, including five with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/28, 12 vs. BYU, 12/4, 15 vs. Cal State Fullerton, 12/10).
• Utah is averaging 86.3 points per game this season, the fifth-most in the nation. Tuesday's matchup will feature two of the top-scoring offenses in the country. Oklahoma is averaging 89.7 points per game, the second-most in the nation. Both offenses rank in the top 15 in scoring offense, three-point field goals made, and three-point field goals per game.
• On Saturday against Utah Valley, freshman Jenna Johnson recorded her second straight game with a double-double. These are the first two double-doubles of her career and the first two for Utah this season. She collected a career-high 14 rebounds against Utah Valley. Over her last two games, Johnson has averaged 22.0 points and 12.0 rebounds per game.
• Besides posting her second double-double, Johnson is shooting 62.6 percent from the floor, the second-best in the Pac-12 and 9th best mark in the nation.
• The Utes continue to shine from behind the arc this season. Utah is making 11.0 threes per game, the fourth-most in the nation. They have made 110 three-pointers this season, the fifth most. Eleven of Utah's 13 players have made a three-pointer.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back games. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• The Ute's rank tenth in the nation in assists per game (19.2) and sixth in the NCAA in assists to turnover ratio (1.47). The Utes offense has assisted on 63 percent of their made field goals this season. Leading the team in assists is Dru Gylten with 58.
• Head Coach Lynne Roberts is looking for her 100th career win as a Ute. She has won her 99th victory at Utah on Saturday over Utah Valley. Only two other coaches, Elaine Elliott and Fern Gardner, have surpassed the 100 wins mark at Utah. Coach Elliott won 582 games as a Ute, while Coach Gardner won 174.
• Brynna Maxwell continues to shine for the Utes. She is one of the best three-pointer shooters in the country. She leads the team in made threes this season with 30, the best in the Pac-12 and the 21st most in the nation. Over her three years, Maxwell has made 156 threes. She moved into the career made three-point list at Utah in the win over Cal State Fullerton.
Following the contest at Oklahoma, the Utes remain on the road to open up Pac-12 play on Dec. 31st. Utah will head to Oregon for a matchup with the Ducks on New Year's Eve, with tip-off set for 8 p.m. MT on the Pac-12 Networks.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).