Pac-12 Men's Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva - Jan. 10, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its ninth weekly honors of the 2021-22 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/10/22)
Tyger Campbell, UCLA
Jr., G, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
• Averaged team-leading 14.0 points on 61 percent shooting (11-18), 7.0 assists, 2.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals as UCLA improved to 10-1 with a pair of victories.
• Totaled 14 assists against just three turnovers over the two games, including 10 assists and no giveaways as part of 11-point, 10-assist double-double in 96-78 win over Long Beach State.
• Led Bruins with 17 points in 60-52 win at California, a victory which snapped the Golden Bears' nine-game home win streak.
• Went 5-of-8 behind the arc (63 percent) as part of shooting performance, currently leads league at 50 percent (24-48, min. 1 3FGM per game) from distance this season. Also paces league with 4.33 assist-to-turnover ratio (52:12).
• First career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor; named Freshman of the Week on Feb. 24, 2020.
ALSO NOMINATED: Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona; Andre Kelly, California; Jabari Walker, Colorado; Isaiah Mobley, USC; Marco Anthony, Utah; Terrell Brown Jr., Washington; Tyrell Roberts, Washington State.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/10/22)
Julian Hammond III, COLORADO
Fr., G, Denver, Colo.
• Scored career-best 14 points in just 12 minutes off the bench in Colorado's 78-64 victory over Washington on Sunday.
• Hit all four 3-point attempts as part of 5-of-7 shooting against the Huskies.
• Added career-highs of five rebounds, four assists and four steals in 14 minutes in 83-78 win over Washington State on Thursday.
• Is CU's second Freshman of the Week recipient this season (K.J. Simpson, 11/29/21).
ALSO NOMINATED: Lazar Stefanovic, Utah.
2021-22 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PERFORMANCE AWARDS, PRESENTED BY NEXTIVA