Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva - Jan. 10, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 today announced its women's basketball performance awards, presented by Nextiva, for games played from January 3-9 and voted on by media who cover the league.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jaylyn Sherrod, Jr., G, Colorado (Birmingham, Ala.)
» 2 G, 20.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 8.0 APG, 2.0 SPG
- Averaged 20.0 points and 8.0 assists in a pair of wins to open conference play as the Buffs pushed their overall record to 13-0.
- Scored a career-high 25 points in Sunday's 71-63 victory over UCLA and had 15 points and six rebounds in Friday's 71-58 win over USC.
- Had eight assists in both games, totaling 16 assists against just two turnovers in CU's first weekend sweep of USC and UCLA.
- Second in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.56).
- The nation's lone unbeaten team, Colorado move up to No. 22 in Monday's AP Top 25, its best ranking since Dec. 26, 2016 (No. 20).
- First career Pac-12 Player of the Week award and Colorado's sixth all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Natalie Chou, UCLA; Jayda Curry, CAL; Lexie Hull, STAN; Jordyn Jenkins, USC; Cate Reese, ARIZ; Endyia Rogers, ORE.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Rayah Marshall, Fr., G/F, USC (Los Angeles, Calif.)
» 2 G, 9.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.0 SPG, 2.5 BPG
- Averaged 9.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.5 blocks as USC split its first two conference games at Colorado (L, 71-58) and at home against then-No. 4 Arizona (W, 76-67).
- Had nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks against the Buffs.
- Also scored nine points to go along with six rebounds and another block against the Wildcats, which was Arizona's first loss of the season and USC's first win over a top-five opponent since March 8, 2014 when the Trojans beat No. 4 Stanford, 72-68, in a Pac-12 Tournament semifinal.
- Has recorded at least one block in seven consecutive games and is averaging 2.42 per game this season, a number that is third in the Pac-12, 19th in the country and tops the nation's freshmen.
- First career Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award and USC's ninth all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jayda Curry, CAL; Kindyll Wetta, COLO.
2021-22 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 15||Cate Reese, ARIZ||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 22||Nyara Sabally, ORE||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 29||Cameron Brink, STAN||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Dec. 6||Natalie Chou, UCLA||Gianna Kneepkens, UTAH|
|Dec. 13||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU||Jenna Johnson, UTAH|
|Dec. 20||Haley Jones, STAN||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Dec. 27||Evelien Lutje Schipholt, CAL||Gianna Kneepkens, UTAH|
|Jan. 3||Haley Jones, STAN||Kiki Iriafen, STAN|
|Jan. 10||Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO||Rayah Marshall, USC|