Beavers To Face No. 5 USC Thursday In Los Angeles
THE GAME: Oregon State will head to Los Angeles to play two top-five teams, beginning with a stop at the Galen Center to face No. 5 USC at 8 p.m. on Thursday.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPNU with Roxy Bernstein and Adrian Branch calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: This will be the first time Oregon State is playing two different top-five teams in back-to-back games since 1971; at No. 1 UCLA on Feb. 19 (lost 94-64) and at No. 3 USC on Feb. 20 (lost 110-75) ... The Beavers have shot better than 50% from the field in each of the last four games (53.8% average); the Beavers shot better than 50% from the field one time in the first 10 games (43.0% average) ... Roman Silva is averaging 11.0 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocked shots, while shooting 82.4% (14-for-17) from the field over the last three games ... Warith Alatishe is averaging 15.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.0 steals over the last three games ... Jarod Lucas has gone 25-for-27 from the free throw line over the last five games ... Dexter Akanno has gone 3-for-3 from beyond the arc over the last two games ... Dashawn Davis is second in the Pac-12 in assists (4.92), sixth in steals (1.31) and eighth in assist/turnover ratio (2.00) ... Maurice Calloo leads the team in free throw percentage at 88.5% (23-for-26).
vs. USC: Oregon State and USC are meeting for the 144th time with the Trojans leading the series 76-67, including a 40-24 edge in games played in Los Angeles.
The teams split the series last season with each winning on their home court. Oregon State won 58-56 on Jan. 19 at Gill Coliseum, while USC bounced back for a 75-62 victory on Jan. 28 at the Galen Center. Jarod Lucas averaged 15.5 points and went 6-for-11 from beyond the arc in the two games.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).