Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva - Jan. 17, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 today announced its women's basketball performance awards, presented by Nextiva, for games played from January 10-16 and voted on by media who cover the league.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cameron Brink, So., F, Stanford (Beaverton, Ore.)
» 2 G, 17.0 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.5 BPG, .591 FG%
- Averaged 17.0 points on 59.1 percent shooting and 9.0 rebounds in Stanford's road victories at No. 22 Colorado and Utah.
- Had 10 points and seven rebounds in Friday's 60-52 win over the Buffs and her conference-leading sixth double-double with 24 points on 9-of-12 shooting and 11 rebounds in Sunday's 83-73 win over the Utes.
- The Cardinal erased an 11-point deficit at Colorado and a 13-point deficit at Utah and is the only team in the country to win three road games after facing double-digit deficits this season. Stanford was also down by 15 at Gonzaga on Nov. 21 before coming back to win, 66-62.
- Stanford has won 19 consecutive games against Pac-12 opponents, including the postseason.
- Second Pac-12 Player of the Week award this season (Nov. 29) and Stanford's 115th all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Taya Corosdale, OSU; Jordyn Jenkins, USC; Jenna Johnson, UTAH; Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU; Quay Miller, COLO; Nancy Mulkey, WASH; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Te-Hina Paopao, ORE; Shaina Pellington, ARIZ.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Jenna Johnson, Fr., F, Utah (Medina, Minn.)
» 2 G, 16.5 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.0 APG, .526 FG%, .444 3FG%
- Averaged 16.5 points on 52.6 percent shooting, including 44.4 percent from deep, in games against UC Riverside (W, 89-48) and No. 2 Stanford (L, 83-73).
- Led Utah in scoring in both contests and has paced the Utes in scoring a team-leading seven times this season.
- Tied a career high with three 3-pointers and had 18 points, four rebounds and three assists in Friday's win over UC Riverside, and scored 15 against the Cardinal on Sunday
- Second Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award this season (Dec. 13) and Utah's 18th all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Rayah Marshall, USC; Kindyll Wetta, COLO; Alexis Whitfield, WASH.
2021-22 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 15||Cate Reese, ARIZ||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 22||Nyara Sabally, ORE||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Nov. 29||Cameron Brink, STAN||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Dec. 6||Natalie Chou, UCLA||Gianna Kneepkens, UTAH|
|Dec. 13||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU||Jenna Johnson, UTAH|
|Dec. 20||Haley Jones, STAN||Jayda Curry, CAL|
|Dec. 27||Evelien Lutje Schipholt, CAL||Gianna Kneepkens, UTAH|
|Jan. 3||Haley Jones, STAN||Kiki Iriafen, STAN|
|Jan. 10||Jaylyn Sherrod, COLO||Rayah Marshall, USC|
|Jan. 17||Cameron Brink, STAN||Jenna Johnson, UTAH|