Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards - Jan. 18, 2022
Gymnast of the Week: Kyla Bryant, 5th, Stanford (Athens, Ga.)
- Took home three event titles en route to an all-around victory at California on Sunday, totaling a career-best and NCAA-leading all-around score of 39.675 to lead the Cardinal to a season-opening performance of 196.275.
- Bryant's performance started with a career-best matching performance on bars, scoring a 9.95 to earn the highest score given throughout the meet (.075 better than any other gymnast).
- With her efforts Sunday, Bryant, alongside Utah's Grace McCallum and Michigan's Natalie Wojcik, holds the nation's top all-around single-meet score through two weeks of competition.
Specialist of the Week: Sage Thompson, Fr., Utah (Lehi, Utah)
- Thompson recorded her first career victory after earning a share of the bars title in Utah's defeat over No. 3 Oklahoma.
- Thompson posted the highest bars score of the season by a Ute with a 9.925 coming in the second position.
- Her 9.925 led Utah to its season-high bars effort to help hand Oklahoma its first regular season loss since 2018.
- She has hit 2-2 routines this season as a bars specialist to this point.
Freshman/Newcomer of the Week: Grace McCallum, Fr., Utah (Isanti, Minn.)
- Posted the nation's highest all-around score to lead Utah in the upset over No. 3 Oklahoma, which was the Sooners' first regular-season loss since 2018, in just her second meet of the season.
- Her score of 39.675 helped push the Utes to the nation's second-best score of 2022. It is the highest score in the all-around by a freshman in the Pac-12 since MyKayla Skinner in 2017.
- She posted 9.90 or better in three of the four events she competed, while scoring a 9.875 on the other.
- She earned one 10.0 from a judge on floor and scored a 9.975 for her first career floor victory. She is just one of five gymnasts in the NCAA to score a 9.975 or better on floor so far.
- Utah's sole all-arounder pushed the Utes to a No. 2 ranking in the country following the 197.775 team score, which was the highest home-opening score in school history.
- McCallum is ranked eighth on vault in the country, ninth on beam and 14th on floor.
Coaches Choice: Wesley Stephenson, Sr., Stanford (Plainfield, Ill.)
- In her first performance of her senior season and with Stanford down .100, Stephenson had a 9.85 performance on the beam, which tied for sixth-best of the day.
- She made her return to the Cardinal lineup for the first time since the 2020 season after opting out of 2021.
- Stanford's beam score (49.275) currently sits as the fourth-best in the nation.
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards
|Jan. 11||Cristal Isa, Utah||Jaedyn Rucker, Utah||Amelie Morgan, Utah||Jillian Hoffman, Utah|
|Jan. 18||Kyla Bryant, Stanford||Sage Thompson, Utah||Grace McCallum, Utah||Wesley Stephenson, Stanford|