Women's Basketball Heads to Oregon for Wednesday Matinee
The University of Utah women's basketball team closes out a three-game road trip on Wednesday with a contest at No. 19 Oregon. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. MT from Matthew Knight Arena.
Date | Time: Wednesday, Jan. 26 | 12 p.m. (MT)
Utah (10-5, 1-2 Pac-12) at #19 Oregon (11-5, 3-1 Pac-12)
Location: Eugene, Ore. | Matthew Knight Arena
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: ESPN700 Stream
TV/Stream: Pac-12 Networks
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against Oregon will be aired on ESPN700 Stream with Tyson Ewing calling the shots, or you can find the game on the Pac-12 Networks with Ann Schatz and Mary Murphy on the call. Live Stats can be found at UtahUtes.com.
• For the third time this season, Gianna Kneepkens was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week. She averaged 17.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.0 assists per game. She shot 50.0 percent (11-of-22) from the floor and 66.7 percent (6-of-9) on three-pointers. This is the fifth time Utah has taken home this award this season.
• Since Peyton McFarland was put into the starting lineup, she has been a force. She has averaged 10.5 points and 5.3 rebounds over the past four games. Against Arizona, she scored 12 points, eight in the first quarter.
• Sharing is caring! Utah leads in the Pac-12 in assists (268). Utah also leads the Pac-12 in the assist-to-turnover ratio (1.3) and assists per game (17.9). The Utes have tallied an assist on 62 percent of their field goals.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 73 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 53-20 in those games. Utah has made ten or more threes in eight games this season. Utah averages 10.4 made three-pointers per game and has made 156 on the season. Both of those lead the Pac-12.
• Utah looks for its first win over a ranked opponent on Wednesday afternoon in Eugene. The Utes have a win over a ranked school each year under the direction of Lynne Roberts.
• The Utes and the Ducks meet in their first of two meetings. The teams enter the matchup as the top two scoring offenses in the Pac-12. Utah averages 82.5 points per game, while the Ducks are averaging 75.1 points per game.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 73 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 53-20 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in seven games this season, including five with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/28, 12 vs. BYU, 12/4, 15 vs. Cal State Fullerton, 12/10, 12 vs. UC Riverside 1/14, 11 vs. #2/#3 Stanford 1/16).
• On Monday afternoon, Gianna Kneepkens secured her third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week. This was the fifth time the Utes have won this award this season. Kneepkens averaged 17.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.0 assists per game. She shot 50.0 percent (11-of-22) from the floor and 66.7 percent (6-of-9) on three-pointers.
• Over the last four games, Peyton McFarland averaged 10.5 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. She has started all four games and is shooting 65 percent from the floor. Since she entered the lineup, the Utes are averaging 74.5 points per game and are hitting 9.3 three-pointers per game.
• The Pac-12 has been the nation's top-rated conference by RPI in four of the last six seasons, with the Utes facing a Top 25 opponent almost every week. Under the direction of Lynne Roberts, the Utes have knocked off a Top 25 opponent each year, all coming during conference play. Utah will look for its first Top 25 win of the season on Wednesday.
• The Utes are sharing the basketball with the best of them in the nation this season. Utah has tallied 268 assists on 432 made field goals. Utah is picking up an assist on 62 percent of their makes. Utah ranks first in the Pac-12 in assists per game (17.9) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.3). They lead the conference with 268 assists. The Utes have seven games this season with 20 or more assists.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back games. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• The Utes won their first Pac-12 game of the season on Sunday at Arizona State. Utah came away with a 72-63 victory. Gianna Kneepkens led the way as she scored a team-high 20 points.
• Brynna Maxwell continues to shine for the Utes. She is one of the best three-pointer shooters in the country. She leads the team in made threes this season with 40, the second-best mark in the Pac-12. Over her three years, Maxwell has made 166 threes, which is the eighth-most in program history.
Utah returns home to face Colorado on Friday, Jan. 28, at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and can be seen on the Pac-12 Networks or by turning on ESPN700 and listening to Tyson Ewing.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).