Beavers To Battle Ducks Saturday In Eugene
THE GAME: Oregon State will face Oregon at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene.
The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPN2 with Dave Pasch and Corey Williams calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State and Oregon are meeting for the 359th time, making it the most-contested rivalry in college basketball ... The Beavers have defeated the Ducks 192 times, the second-most wins against a single team in NCAA history (Kansas has 202 wins over Kansas State) ... Dashawn Davis is second in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.25 per game (Kerr Kriisa, Arizona, 5.35); the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 (8.1 per game) ... Roman Silva is second in the Pac-12 in field goal percentage in conference games at 65.5% (21-for-32); N'Faly Dante of Oregon leads the league at 70.7% (27-for-38) ... Jarod Lucas averaged 19.5 points and went 8-for-16 from beyond the arc in the last two road games (at USC, at UCLA) ... Dexter Akanno has gone 7-for-14 from beyond the arc over the last five games ... Glenn Taylor Jr. is shooting 60.7% (17-for-28) from the field over the last seven games ... Ahmad Rand is fifth in the Pac-12 in blocked shots per game (1.25) ... Oregon State is 6-4 against Oregon in the last 10 meetings.
vs. OREGON: Oregon State and Oregon have played an NCAA-record 358 games with the Beavers holding a 192-166 advantage. The Ducks have a 93-73 edge in games played in Eugene.
Oregon State defeated No. 21 Oregon 73-61 last season on Jan. 23 in Eugene. It was the Beavers' first true road win over a Top 25 team since Jan. 5, 1985 when they upset No. 15 Washington 52-45 in Seattle.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).