Bruins Split Squads for Indoor Meets
LOS ANGELES – UCLA Track & Field continues its 2022 indoor campaign with a split-squad weekend, as the Bruins are set to compete at the UW Invitational in Seattle, Wash., and UNM Team Open in Albuquerque, N.M.
UCLA's distance squad represents the team in Washington this weekend while the Bruins' sprinters, middle distance athletes, and field athletes are headed to the Albuquerque Convention Center.
Meet Information – UW Invitational
- Friday, Jan. 28 – Saturday, Jan. 29
- Dempsey Indoor (Seattle, Wash.)
- Participating teams include Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Boise State, BYU, and Northern Arizona.
Meet Information – UNM Team Open
- Saturday, Jan. 29
- Albuquerque Convention Center (Albuquerque, N.M.)
- Participating teams include Arizona State, New Mexico, UTEP, and Washington State
Meet Recap – Cougar Classic
The Bruins opened their 2022 indoor season with impressive performances in the Open and Invitational sections of the Cougar Classic. Grad transfer Nura Muhammad shined in her first meet with UCLA, setting a new Podium facility record in the triple jump (12.45, 40-10.25) en route to an event win. Alyssa Bautista and Kate Tugman went 1-2 in the women's 3000m, posting times of 10:06.87 and 10:08.30, respectively. Myles Misener-Daley was the class of the men's 400m on day two, clocking a time of 47.54 to set a new facility record. The UCLA women and men also swept the 4x400m relay competitions in Spokane.
Bruins on the National Performance List (Top 50)
- 5. Isa Videler – Pentathlon (4089 points)
- 32. Makenzy Pierre-Webster – 200m (23.86)
- 34. Myles Misener-Daley – 400m (47.54)
- 36. Isa Videler – 800m (2:09.94* adjusted for track dimensions)
- 37. Nura Muhammad – Triple Jump (12.45m, 40-10.25)
- 38. Catherine Leger – 200m (23.94)
- 39. Makenzy Pierre-Webster – 60m (7.40)
Next Meet: Dr. Sander Invitational
The Bruins are back in action for the Dr. Sander Invitational in New York, N.Y. The two-day meet will kick off on Friday, Feb. 4 from the Armory. UCLA last competed at the Dr. Sander Invite in 2020, a meet that saw Shae Anderson set a then-program record in the indoor 400m (53.46) and then freshmen Catherine Leger and Makenzy Pierre-Webster earn top-10 spots on UCLA's all-time 200m indoor list.