Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Release - Jan. 27, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - A pair of top-20 matchups highlight the conference schedule as Pac-12 women's gymnastics heads into its fourth weekend.
- Six Pac-12 squads are in the top 25 as No. 2 Utah (197.425), the conference's preseason favorite, is followed by No. 11 California (196.500), No. 14 Oregon State (196.275), No. 16 Arizona State (196.188), No. 19 Stanford (196.000) and No. 24 UCLA (195.575).
- At 6:00 p.m. PT on Friday, No. 16 Arizona State will host Washington in the Gym Devils first home meet of the season as they look to continue a number of streaks. After last week's meet at No. 2 Utah, ASU has recorded a team score of over 196.000 in 12 consecutive meets, while also scoring 49.000+ on the bars in 19 straight meets and reaching that score on vault in 11 straight meets.
- On Saturday, No. 19 Stanford will visit No. 2 Utah (1 p.m. PT), which is set to air on Pac-12 Insider, the free, 24/7 streaming channel from Pac-12 Networks. The Utes have scored a 49.0 or better on every event in 15 consecutive meets, the nation's longest active streak. Utah leads the all-time series between the schools 38-6 and is 15-1 in Salt Lake City.
- Later the evening, No. 11 California will host No. 14 Oregon State at 4 p.m. PT (California Live Stream). The Beavers leads the all-time series against the Bears 93-9, but have fallen short in the last two duals. The last meeting between the two schools was last season on Feb. 21, when Cal defeated OSU 197.425-196.200.
- To wrap up the weekend, Arizona heads to Pauley Pavilion to take on No. 24 UCLA on Sunday (2 p.m. PT) on Pac-12 Network and Pac-12 Los Angeles. UCLA leads the all-time series with Arizona 8-3 (3-0 in Pauley Pavilion).
- Currently, 21 meets are set for broadcast on Pac-12 Networks this season, including the 2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Championships, while another two are slated to air nationally on ESPN.
- All eight Pac-12 programs began the season in the 2022 WCGA Preseason Coaches Poll in No. 4 Utah, No. 7 California, No. 8 UCLA, No. 12 Arizona State, No. 17 Oregon State, No. 27 Arizona, No. 33 Stanford and No. 34 Washington.
- Utah, UCLA and California went 1-2-3 in the Pac-12 preseason coaches poll, while Arizona State, Oregon State, Arizona, Stanford and Washington rounded out the league poll.
Pac-12 in the Road to Nationals Standings - Jan. 24
Olympians Made Here
- The 2022 Pac-12 gymnastics season will feature a strong connection to the recently-concluded 2020 Tokyo Olympics, with four Olympic medalists beginning their collegiate careers on Pac-12 campuses this year. Oregon State's Jade Carey (USA) won an individual gold medal in the floor exercise, UCLA's Jordan Chiles and Utah's Grace McCallum were silver medalists in the team competition with the United States, and Utah's Amelie Morgan helped Great Britain to team bronze, its first gymnastics medal since 1928.
- Rounding out the Pac-12 freshmen with Olympic ties are UCLA's Brooklyn Moors, who competed for Canada in Tokyo, and Utah's Kara Eaker and UCLA's Emma Malabuyo, who were alternates for the United States.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
|#14 Oregon State||1-0||4-0|
|#16 Arizona State||0-1||0-2|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Full Schedule)
|Friday, Jan. 28||TV/Stream||Time|
|Washington at No. 16 Arizona State||Live Stream||6 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Jan. 29|
|No. 19 Stanford at No. 2 Utah||Pac-12 Insider||1 p.m. PT|
|No. 14 Oregon State at No. 11 California||Live Stream||4 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, Jan. 30|
|Arizona at No. 24 UCLA||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Los Angeles||2 p.m. PT|
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards