Stanford Sweeps Tulane
ORLANDO, Fla. – Opening the ITA Kickoff Weekend on the UCF campus, No. 14 Stanford men's tennis rolled to a 4-0 victory over Tulane on Sunday afternoon. Stanford improves to 2-0 this spring with the win.
Stanford won two of three doubles matches to get out to an early 1-0 lead. Arthur Fery and Alexandre Rotsaert won their 13th bout together this season, 6-1, while Axel Geller and Tomas Kopczynski outlasted their opponents on court two, 7-6 (1).
The momentum carried into singles action, with Stanford earning three wins to advance in the tournament. Geller made quick work of his opponent in the third position, 6-0, 6-1, while Sangeet Sridhar won his first dual match of the season on court six, 6-1, 6-3. For the second-straight outing to open the spring slate, Arthur Fery clinched the decision with a 6-1, 6-4 win at the top position.
Stanford will face No. 20 UCF on Monday, Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. PT.
No. 14 Stanford 4, Tulane 0
1) No. 8 Fery/Rotsaert (STAN) d. Barry/Jacobson (TUL), 6-1
2) Geller/Tomas Kopczynski (STAN) d. Hoeijmans/Kuenkler (TUL), 7-6 (1)
3) De Alba/Suarez (TUL) d. No. 31 Basing/Sah (STAN), 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
1) No. 7 Arthur Fery (STAN) d. Billy Suarez (TUL), 6-1, 6-4
2) Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN) trailed Luc Hoeijmans (TUL), 2-6, 3-4 uf
3) Axel Geller (STAN) d. Alex Bancila (TUL), 6-0, 6-1
4) Max Basing (STAN) led Fynn Kuenkler (TUL), 6-3, 4-0 uf
5) Aryan Chaudhary (STAN) led Rafael De Alba (TUL), 6-3, 2-2 uf
6) Sangeet Sridhar (STAN) d. Luka Petrovic (TUL), 6-1, 6-3
Order of Finish: 3, 6, 1