Smith named NCBWA preseason All-America
EUGENE, Ore. – Oregon outfielder Tanner Smith is part of the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) preseason All-America teams announced on Tuesday. Smith claimed third-team honors.
Smith, a junior from Newport Beach, Calif. who earned third-team Collegiate Baseball All-America honors in 2021, finished last season batting .324 with five home runs and 36 RBI while batting leadoff for the Ducks. He had a Pac-12 best 24 doubles, which set a new Oregon single-season record for two-baggers, while reaching base at a .417 clip and slugging .533. The Ducks' left fielder ranked third among all Pac-12 players with 33 extra-base hits. His 24 doubles ranked fifth nationally and his 0.44 doubles per game were the best in the Pac-12 and 12th overall in the country. Smith also tripled four times, which was good for second in the Pac-12 and 28th nationally.
Smith Honors and Awards
- 2022 NCBWA Third-Team Preseason All-America
- 2022 Collegiate Baseball Third-Team Preseason All-America
- 2021 Collegiate Baseball Third-Team All-America
- 2021 Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 Conference
- 2021 Eugene Regional All-Tournament Team
- Doyle Higdon Memorial Trophy