Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Release - Feb. 3, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - Three top-25 matchups highlight the conference schedule as Pac-12 women's gymnastics hits the midway point of the season.
- Six Pac-12 squads are in the top 25 as No. 3 Utah (197.488), the conference's preseason favorite, is followed by No. 10 California (196.783), No. 13 Oregon State (196.375), No. 19 Stanford (196.000), No. 21 Arizona State (195.883) and No. 22 UCLA (195.850).
- Friday's action includes a pair of dual meets at 7:00 p.m. PT when No. 22 UCLA hosts No. 3 Utah on ESPN2 and No. 19 Stanford hosts No. 10 California on Pac-12 Bay Area.
- Utah leads the all-time series against UCLA 57-31-1 (13-9 in Los Angeles) and after last week's performance against No. 19 Stanford, the Utes continue to own the nation's longest active streak of consecutive meets (16) with a score of 49.0 or better on every event. Utah's Maile O'Keefe posted just one of the nation's three perfect scores on beam this past weekend to help Utah win its 15th consecutive regular season conference meet. The Utes have not lost a Pac-12 meet since Feb. 23, 2019.
- California is coming off the 11th-best score in program history (197.350) in a win last week against Oregon State, while Stanford had season-best team scores on both vault (48.875) and floor (49.175) at Utah.
- On Saturday, Arizona will visit Washington at 3:30 p.m. PT for a meet set to air on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Arizona and Pac-12 Washington.
- Later the evening, No. 13 Oregon State will host No. 21 Arizona State at 5:30 p.m. PT for its Dam Cancer Meet on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Arizona and Pac-12 Oregon. The Beavers lead the all-time series against the Sun Devils 69-24-2, but dropped last season's meeting in Tempe, as the Sun Devils pulled out a 196.225-195.850 victory. Olympic gold medalist Jade Carey of Oregon State is second in the country in the all-around, tied for first on bars, third on the beam, fifth on vault and tied for seventh on the floor exercise through Jan. 31.
- Twenty-one meets are set for broadcast on Pac-12 Networks this season, including the 2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Championships, while another two are slated to air nationally on ESPN.
- All eight Pac-12 programs began the season in the 2022 WCGA Preseason Coaches Poll in No. 4 Utah, No. 7 California, No. 8 UCLA, No. 12 Arizona State, No. 17 Oregon State, No. 27 Arizona, No. 33 Stanford and No. 34 Washington.
- Utah, UCLA and California went 1-2-3 in the Pac-12 preseason coaches poll, while Arizona State, Oregon State, Arizona, Stanford and Washington rounded out the league poll.
- Tickets are currently on sale to the general public for the 2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Championships. The one-day event returns to Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah on Saturday, March 19. Complete ticket information can be found at Pac-12.com/tickets.
Pac-12 in the Road to Nationals Standings - Jan. 31
Olympians Made Here
- The 2022 Pac-12 gymnastics season will feature a strong connection to the recently-concluded 2020 Tokyo Olympics, with four Olympic medalists beginning their collegiate careers on Pac-12 campuses this year. Oregon State's Jade Carey (USA) won an individual gold medal in the floor exercise, UCLA's Jordan Chiles and Utah's Grace McCallum were silver medalists in the team competition with the United States, and Utah's Amelie Morgan helped Great Britain to team bronze, its first gymnastics medal since 1928.
- Rounding out the Pac-12 freshmen with Olympic ties are UCLA's Brooklyn Moors, who competed for Canada in Tokyo, and Utah's Kara Eaker and UCLA's Emma Malabuyo, who were alternates for the United States.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
|#13 Oregon State||1-1||4-1|
|#21 Arizona State||1-1||1-2|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Full Schedule)
|Friday, Feb. 4||TV/Stream||Time|
|No. 10 California at No. 19 Stanford||Pac-12 Bay Area||7 p.m. PT|
|No. 3 Utah at No. 22 UCLA||ESPN2||7 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Feb. 5|
|Arizona at Washington||Pac-12 Network/Arizona/Washington||3:30 p.m. PT|
|No. 21 Arizona State at No. 13 Oregon State||Pac-12 Network/Arizona/Oregon||5:30 p.m. PT|
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards