Card Downs the Dons
STANFORD, Calif. - No. 15 Stanford returned home after suffering its first loss of the season, rebounding with a 7-0 victory over San Francisco on Thursday.
The doubles point with the Dons was tight, with all three courts tied at 4-4 at one point. The Cardinal proved strong in closing out all three to claim the first point.
Sara Choy remained perfect at the No. 6 line for the Cardinal this spring with a quick 6-1, 6-0 victory, followed by straight-set wins for Alexandra Yepifanova and Angelica Blake to clinch the match. The remaining three courts were all a bit closer for the Card, including two first-set tiebreak wins for India Houghton and Valencia Xu and a comeback from Connie Ma, but Stanford held San Francisco off the scoreboard for the sweep.
Stanford is back in action on Friday, Feb. 18, hosting Saint Mary's at 2 p.m.
No. 15 Stanford 7, San Francisco 0
1. No. 38 Angelica Blake/Connie Ma (STAN) d. Rita Colyer/Maria Martinez Vaquero (USF) 6-4
2. Valencia Xu/Alexandra Yepifanova (STAN) d. Simran Chhabra/Caragh Courtney (USF) 6-4
3. Ana Geller/Niluka Madurawe (STAN) d. Mya Bui/Chino Mushika (USF) 7-5
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
1. No. 9 Connie Ma (STAN) d. Maria Martinez Vaquero 4-6, 6-2, 10-8
2. No. 21 Alexandra Yepifanova (STAN) d. Chino Mushika 6-1, 6-4
3. Angelica Blake (STAN) d. Mya Bui (USF) 6-2, 6-2
4. India Houghton (STAN) d. Simran Chhabra (USF) 7-6(6), 6-4
5. Valencia Xu (STAN) d. Rita Colyer (USF) 7-6(4), 6-0
6. Sara Choy (STAN) d. Hana Gamracy (USF) 6-1, 6-0
Order of Finish: 6, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4