First Of Two-Straight Road Meets For Gym Devils On Saturday
TEMPE, Ariz. – With a conference win under their belts, No. 21 Sun Devil Gymnastics is set to compete at No. 13 Oregon State this Saturday, February 5, at 6:30 p.m. MST.
How to Follow
The matchup can be viewed on the Pac-12 Network at 6:30 p.m. MST. Live scoring will also be available, as well as updates on Twitter (@SunDevilGym).
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (1-2, 1-1 Pac-12)
- Arizona State picked up its first win of the season in a close battle with Washington, winning 195.275 to 195.100. Despite trailing after the second rotation, the Gym Devils came back to seal the first-place finish. This was the third year in a row that the Gym Devils have not lost to the Huskies.
- Junior Hannah Scharf continues to be a bright spot for the Sun Devils. She won her second-straight all-around crown and her highest score came from the floor where she scored a 9.875 to clinch the meet. She has not scored below a 9.825 in any event this season.
- In 2021, ASU beat Oregon State in Tempe, earning its first win over the Beavers since 2006. The Gym Devils led from start to finish and Scharf won the all-around title. In the all-time series, Arizona State trails 31-11.
Oregon State (4-1, 2-1 Pac-12)
- The Beavers are coming off of a loss to the Cal Bears over the weekend. They had previously beaten Washington and UCLA in Pac-12 play.
- OSU is led by Olympic gold medalist Jade Carey, who has two Pac-12 weekly awards under her belt already. She has yet to score below a 9.900 this season and is ranked No. 1 in the nation in the all-around.
- Last season, OSU's final ranking was No. 24. They advanced to NCAA Regionals, coming up short in the Athens Regional.