Beavers To Battle Buffaloes Saturday In Boulder
THE GAME: Oregon State goes for the road split of the Mountain schools when it takes on Colorado at 3 p.m. PT on Saturday at the CU Events Center in Boulder.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on FS1 with Jacob Tobey and Sed Bonner calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has won two of the last three games against Colorado in Boulder; the Beavers were 1-9 in their first 10 road games against the Buffaloes ... Warith Alatishe was limited to five minutes in the last game at Utah due to knee issues ... Maurice Calloo started in place of Alatishe and scored 12 points, his most since scoring a career-high 20 at Tulsa on November 15 ... Jarod Lucas leads the Pac-12 in free throw percentage at 85.7% (42-for-49) ... Roman Silva is averaging team-highs 14.0 points and 7.3 rebounds over the last three games ... Dashawn Davis is first in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.17 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 (8.1 per game) ... Dexter Akanno has gone 10-for-10 from the free throw line in his 12 games as a starter ... Ahmad Rand is is fifth in the Pac-12 in blocked shots per game (1.29) ... Xzavier Malone-Key (back) and Isaiah Johnson (concussion) didn't travel to the Mountain schools; Oregon State has 10 players on the trip (nine scholarship).
vs. COLORADO: Oregon State and Colorado are meeting for the 29th time with the Buffaloes holding an 18-10 advantage, including a 10-3 mark on their home court.
The Beavers defeated Colorado, 70-68, in the Pac-12 Tournament championship game last season to earn the first conference tourney title in program history. Maurice Calloo led the Beavers with 15 points and Jarod Lucas added 14. McKinley Wright led the Buffs with 18 points.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).