Beavers, Cardinal Set For Saturday At Primetime
THE GAME: Oregon State will play the middle contest of a three-game homestand when its hosts Stanford at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Gill Coliseum.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network with Rich Burk and Don MacLean calling the action.
For information on how to watch the game online or on a mobile device, click on this link. If you live overseas and want to watch the game, it is available via YouTube at this link.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State is 0-5 (0-2 Pac-12) in games decided by three points or less ... Maurice Calloo has started the last three games and is averaging a team-high 14.3 points, while shooting 40.0% from deep (6-for-15) ... Glenn Taylor Jr. has started the last two games and is averaging 13.0 points (second to Maurice Calloo's 16.0) and 4.5 rebounds (second to Roman Silva's 6.0) ... Jarod Lucas has made 156 career 3-pointers; he needs four more to move into Oregon State's career top-10 list (Josh Steinthal and Charles McKinney are tied for ninth with 160 each) ... Dashawn Davis is first in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.17 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 (8.1 per game) ... Roman Silva was limited to 12 minutes and took only one shot in the last game against California (sick) ... Xzavier Malone-Key (back) has missed the last four games, Isaiah Johnson (concussion) has missed the last three games and Dashawn Davis (ankle) has missed the last two games.
vs. STANFORD: Oregon State and Stanford are meeting for the 150th time with the Beavers holding a 76-73 advantage, including a 39-30 edge in games played in Corvallis.
The teams split the series last season. Stanford won the first meeting, 81-71, on Jan. 4 at Gill Coliseum. Oregon State won the second meeting, 73-62, on Feb. 27 at Maples Pavilion. Jarod Lucas averaged 24.0 points in the two games.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).