USC Track And Field Rules During Final Day Of UW Classic
USC won six events, set four meet records, posted seven Trojan top 10 marks including Kasaun James tying the school 60-meter dash record and Alyssa Brewer breaking her own 800m record, during the final day of the UW Classic held on Dempsey Indoor in Seattle, Wash. today (Feb. 12)
- James led a 1-4 sweep for the Trojans in the men's 60m dash by tying his PR and the USC school record by winning with a time of 6.55. James matched the time run by Olympian Aaron Brown in 2014. Brendon Stewart was second with a time of 6.58 which matched his personal best, Davonte Burnett was third with a time of 6.67 and Eric Allen Jr. was fourth with a time of 6.73. Daniel Robinson was seventh with a time of 6.87. USC had five of the eight runners in the final.
- USC also took first through fourth in the women's 400m race as Jan'Taijah Ford won with a PR and meet-record time of 51.96. Kimberly Harris took also had a PR of 52.48 and beat the previous meet record of 53.35. Ford moved to fourth on USC's all-time women's indoor 400m list and Harris moved into 10th place. Bailey Lear was third with a time of 53.70 and Breanna Bernard-Joseph was fourth with a time of 55.23. Maci Simmons had a PR of 56.55 to place seventh in the women's 400m.
- Johnnie Blockburger won the men's 400m race with a PR of 46.72 to move from ninth to seventh on USC's all-time list in the event. Nicholas Ramey took second with a time of 46.88. Ashton Allen finished fourth in the men's 400m with a time of 48.10. It was his first individual indoor race.
- Jasmine Jones won the women's 60m dash with a PR of 7.32, while Chioma Okonkwo finished fourth with a PR of 7.47.
- Alyssa Brewer placed third in the women's 800 meter race and bettered her school record with a time of 2:04.81. Brewer broke her previous USC indoor standard of 2:05.68 set in the 2020 season. Gigi Maccagnini placed seventh with a time of 2:06.65 to move into fifth on USC's indoor 800m list and Janiah Brown had a time of 2:10.30 to place seventh and move into 10th on USC's all-time list.
- Sam VanDorpe took sixth in the men's 800m with a time of 1:51.95
- Karlee Freeman had best mark of 45-6.50/13.88m to finish seventh in the women's shot put competition.
- Bobby Poynter had a 1-mile time of 4:11.27 to move into ninth on USC's all-time indoor mile list.
- USC's women's 4x400m relay teams took first and second. USC's "A team" of Lear, Mecca McGlaston, Harris and Ford won with a meet-record time of 3:35.49. USC's "B team" of Okonkwo, Bernard-Joseph, Simmons and Jones finished second with a time of 3:43.43.
- The men's 4x400m relay "A team" of Ramey, James, Burnett and Blockburger won with a meet-record time of 3:08.29. USC's "B team" of Allen Jr., Robinson, Stewart and Ashton Allen took second with a time of 3:13.02.
USC will next be in action at the Arkansas Qualifier in Fayetteville, Ark. on Feb. 18.
# # # # #