Women's Basketball Closes Out Weekend at Cal
The University of Utah women's basketball team faces the Golden Bears of California on Sunday afternoon from Haas Pavilion. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. MT.
Date | Time: Sunday, Feb. 13 | 2 p.m. (MT)
Utah (14-8, 5-5 Pac-12) at California (10-7, 1-5 Pac-12)
Location: Berkeley, Calif. | Haas Pavilion
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: Click Here
TV/Stream: Click Here
HOW TO TUNE IN
The game against the Golden Bears will be aired on ESPN700 with Tyson Ewing and Milee Enger calling the shots, or you can find the game on the Pac-12 Networks with Krista Blunk and Drew Shiller on the call. Live Stats can be found at UtahUtes.com.
• Junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing 1,000 career points. She has scored 928 in her career as a Ute. She is 72 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah.
• Utah is the best team in the Pac-12 at getting to the free-throw line this season. The Utes have attempted the most free throws (408), made the most free throws (317), and have the best free throw percentage (77.7%) in the Pac-12.
• Utah has made 216 three-pointers this season. They are closing in on the all-time school record for threes in a season. The most threes made in one season was 253, which was accomplished during the 2019-20 season. Utah is 22 threes away from tying for the third-most in school history.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 78 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 56-22 in those games. Utah averages 9.8 made three-pointers per game and has made 216 on the season. Both of those lead the Pac-12.
• In the latest Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the Utah Utes were one of 12 teams receiving votes. This is the second time this season the Utes have been receiving votes.
• This season, the Utes have been outstanding at getting to the free-throw line and capitalizing at the line. Utah leads the Pac-12 in free throw attempts (408), free throws made (317), and free throw percent (77.7). Utah has attempted 14 or more free throws in the last six games. During this span, they attempted 22 at Colorado.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 78 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 56-22 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in seven games this season, including five with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/28, 12 vs. BYU, 12/4, 15 vs. Cal State Fullerton, 12/10, 12 vs. UC Riverside 1/14, 11 vs. #2/#3 Stanford 1/16, 14 vs. USC 2/9).
• This season, the Utes are trying to become the best three-point shooting team in school history. Utah has made 216 three-pointers this season and are 22 three-pointers shy of tying for the third-most in school history. The most three-pointers made in a season is 253, which was set during the 2019-20 season.
• Entering the weekend, junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing the 1,000-career point milestone. She is currently 72 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah. The last Utah player to join the 1,000-point club was Megan Huff during the 2018-19 season.
• Dru Gylten has dished out 499 assists in her career at Utah. She is one assist away from 500 in her career at Utah. Only four other players in program history have dished out 500 or more assists. Gylten is second in the Pac-12 with 98 assists this season.
• Wednesday's contest against USC, the Utes scored 91 points, the most they scored in a conference game in the Pac-12 era. This was also the most points scored in any conference game since 2010.
• The Pac-12 has been the nation's top-rated conference by RPI in four of the last six seasons, with the Utes facing a Top 25 opponent almost every week. Under the direction of Lynne Roberts, the Utes have knocked off a Top 25 opponent each year, all coming during conference play.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back games. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• Brynna Maxwell continues to shine for the Utes. She is one of the best three-pointer shooters in the country. She leads the team in made threes this season with 50, the second-best mark in the Pac-12. Over her three years, Maxwell has made 176 threes, which is the eighth-most in program history.
Utah remains on the road as they head to Los Angeles for matchups with USC and UCLA. The Utes will take on USC on Friday, Feb. 18, from the Galen Center. The contest will start at 8 p.m. MT. You can turn on ESPN700 and hear Tyson Ewing and Milee Enger on the call. The game will also be streamed on the Pac-12 Networks.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).