Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Release - Feb. 17, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - Four weeks remain in the Pac-12 women's gymnastics schedule as the final month of action approaches.
- Six Pac-12 squads are in the top 25, as No. 4 Utah (197.604) is followed by No. 9 California (196.960), No. 13 Oregon State (196.755), No.15 UCLA (196.410), No. 18 Stanford (196.230) and No. 20 Arizona State (196.160).
- Friday's only meet will consist of a top-15 matchup as No. 13 Oregon State will head to the Huntsman Center to take on No. 4 Utah at 5 p.m. PT on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Mountain and Pac-12 Oregon.
- The Utes lead the overall series with the Beavers, 73-10-1 (35-0 in Salt Lake City) and are currently riding a nine-meet winning streak in the series. Utah continues to lead the nation with an active streak of 18 consecutive meets with a score of 49.0 or better on every event and holds the nation's highest beam score with 49.725.
- Oregon State's Olympic gold medalist Jade Carey continues to propel the Beavers, as she ranks tied for first in the country in the all-around, first on bars, tied for third on floor and sixth on the beam through Feb. 14. Carey now has won 23 individual titles after recording another Perfect 10 (floor) for the second consecutive week against the Huskies.
- On Saturday, No. 18 Stanford and Washington will head to Ft. Worth, Texas to compete in the 2022 Metroplex Challenge in a quad-meet along with No. 12 Denver and No. 3 Oklahoma at 4:45 p.m. PT.
- Last week, Stanford beat then-No. 16 UCLA, 196.900-196.850 for the Cardinal's first dual meet victory of the season and its first win over the Bruins since March 6, 2016.
- On Sunday, No. 15 UCLA will travel to Tempe to take on No. 20 Arizona State, in a top-20 matchup at 2 p.m. PT for a meet set to air on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Arizona and Pac-12 Los Angeles.
- After UCLA fell to Stanford by a slim margin last week, the Bruins look to regroup after a few Bruins recored a season-high all-around performances from Chae Campbell (39.500) and Emma Malabuyo (39.475) while Jordan Chiles posted another Perfect 10 (bars) in second-consecutive week.
- Arizona State is seeking its first win against the Bruins since 2001, after last year's close battle in Los Angeles (196.150-195.950).
- The President's Day holiday will feature a pair of Conference dual meets, while Stanford hosts a quad meet with No. 19 BYU, No. 24 Boise State and Sacramento State.
- Both Conference duals will be televised on Pac-12 Networks on Monday, Feb. 21, as Arizona is at California (2 p.m. PT) and Utah is at Washington (6 p.m. PT).
- Last Saturday, Cal recorded its third-ever victory over Utah, 197.525-197.275. It moved the Bears to 5-0 on the season and 4-0 in Pac-12 meets. Cal notched the seventh-best score in school history and handed Utah its first loss of the year. Cal is the lone undefeated team in the Pac-12.
- Twenty-one meets are set for broadcast on Pac-12 Networks this season, including the 2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Championships, while another two are slated to air nationally on ESPN.
- All eight Pac-12 programs began the season in the 2022 WCGA Preseason Coaches Poll in No. 4 Utah, No. 7 California, No. 8 UCLA, No. 12 Arizona State, No. 17 Oregon State, No. 27 Arizona, No. 33 Stanford and No. 34 Washington.
- Utah, UCLA and California went 1-2-3 in the Pac-12 preseason coaches poll, while Arizona State, Oregon State, Arizona, Stanford and Washington rounded out the league poll.
- Tickets are currently on sale to the general public for the 2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Championships. The one-day event returns to Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah on Saturday, March 19. Complete ticket information can be found at Pac-12.com/tickets.
Pac-12 in the Road to Nationals Standings - Feb. 14
Olympians Made Here
- The 2022 Pac-12 gymnastics season will feature a strong connection to the recently-concluded 2020 Tokyo Olympics, with four Olympic medalists beginning their collegiate careers on Pac-12 campuses this year. Oregon State's Jade Carey (USA) won an individual gold medal in the floor exercise, UCLA's Jordan Chiles and Utah's Grace McCallum were silver medalists in the team competition with the United States, and Utah's Amelie Morgan helped Great Britain to team bronze, its first gymnastics medal since 1928.
- Rounding out the Pac-12 freshmen with Olympic ties are UCLA's Brooklyn Moors, who competed for Canada in Tokyo, and Utah's Kara Eaker and UCLA's Emma Malabuyo, who were alternates for the United States.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
|#13 Oregon State||3-1||6-1|
|#20 Arizona State||2-2||2-3|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Full Schedule)
|Friday, Feb. 18||TV/Stream||Time|
|No. 13 Oregon State at No. 4 Utah||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Mountain/ Pac-12 Oregon||5 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Feb. 19|
|Metroplex Challenge: No. 3 Oklahoma, Washington, No. 18 Stanford and No. 12 Denver||4:45 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, Feb. 20|
|No. 15 UCLA at No. 20 Arizona State||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Arizona/Pac-12 Los Angeles||2 p.m. PT|
|Monday, Feb. 21|
|Arizona at No. 9 California||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Arizona/Pac-12 Bay Area||2 p.m. PT|
|No. 18 Stanford, No. 19 BYU, No. 24 Boise State, Sacramento State||Stanford Live Stream||2 p.m. PT|
|No. 4 Utah at Washington||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Mountain/Pac-12 Washington||6 p.m. PT|
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards