Beavers To Face Sun Devils Saturday In Tempe
THE GAME: Oregon State completes its two-game trip to the desert when it takes on Arizona State at 5 p.m. PT on Saturday in Tempe.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPN2 with Roxy Bernstein and Corey Williams calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has played the last two games with seven scholarship players ... Warith Alatishe and Jarod Lucas are the only two players who have played all 24 games ... Jarod Lucas moved into ninth on Oregon State's career 3-pointers list with 161; next up are Ethan Thompson (168) and Gary Payton (178) ... Dashawn Davis is first in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.48 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 (8.1 per game) ... Roman Silva had 13 points and seven rebounds in a career-high tying 34 minutes in the last game at Arizona ... Glenn Taylor Jr. is averaging 10.0 points and 3.6 rebounds in the last four games as a starter ... Maurice Calloo is averaging 13.0 points and 4.6 rebounds in eight games as a starter ... Ahmad Rand has gone 3-for-6 from beyond the arc over the last four games ... Xzavier Malone-Key (back) has missed the last seven games, Isaiah Johnson (concussion) has missed the last six games and Tre' Williams (knee) has missed the last two games.
vs. ARIZONA STATE: Oregon State and Arizona State are meeting for the 95th time with the Sun Devils holding a 50-44 edge in the series. ASU has a 32-12 advantage in games played in Tempe, including 12 consecutive wins. The Beavers' last victory in Tempe came on Jan. 13, 2007 (67-59).
The last eight meetings have been decided by a combined 22 points (2.75 average per game) with neither team winning by more than six points.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).