Ducks Beat LMU in Weekend Opener
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – The Oregon men's tennis team opened its weekend in San Diego with a 7-0 win over Loyola Marymount Saturday afternoon. With the result, the Ducks improve to 5-2 this season.
The 15th-ranked duo of Joshua Charlton and Quinn Vandecasteele remain undefeated in the dual season with a win at the top spot, leading the Ducks to the doubles point. With the match lead in hand, Oregon swept its way through the singles lineup including straight-set wins at the No. 1, 2, 3 and 6 spots.
Saturday's win is Oregon's third sweep of the season having posted a 7-0 win over Boise State (Jan. 15) in the season opener and a 4-0 win over Oklahoma State (Jan. 29) during the ITA Kickoff weekend.
The Ducks are back on the courts Sunday to take on No. 25 San Diego with first serve set for 12 p.m.
Oregon 7, Loyola Marymount 0
1. No. 15 Charlton/Q. Vandecasteele (UO) d. Otico/Roberts (LMU) – 6-3
2. Dominguez/Ranavio (LMU) d. Keremedchiev/Klov-Nilsson (UO) – 6-4
3. Matsushita/L. Vandecasteele (UO) d. DiGiulio/Pantino (LMU) – 6-3
1. Joshua Charlton (UO) d. Dane Esses (LMU) – 6-3, 6-2
2. Quinn Vandecasteele (UO) d. John Bryan Otico (LMU) – 6-1, 7-5
3. Ivailo Keremedchiev (UO) d. Jose Dominguez Alonso (LMU) – 6-1, 6-1
4. Jesper Klov-Nilsson (UO) d. Arthur Pantino (LMU) – 5-7, 7-5, 1-0(2)
5. Luke Vandecasteele (UO) d. Austin Di Giulio (LMU) – 6-3, 3-6, 1-0(7)
6. Ryoma Matsushita (UO) d. Toky Ranaivo (LMU) – 6-2, 6-1
For more news and information about Oregon men's tennis, follow @OregonMTennis on Instagram and Twitter.